The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Temperature Contollers

a new controller at www.heavymachine.us/probe

Re: Temperature Controllers
by urbangriller » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 am

I've got one of these sitting on my desk right now, the courier delivered it during the week, so I've not tried it yet, next weekends job (BBQ school this weekend).

Unlike all the other controllers, it has 4 phases, so you can set phase 1 to X temperature for Y time, when the time is up it moves to the next phase (XX temperature for YY time) and so on. In addition to that you set the meat doneness temp and hold time, so when the meat gets to temp it controls the BBQ pit to hold the meat at temperature for the length of time you have set, then it switches the BBQ pit to your preset "resting" temperature.

It's looking like the cheapest and smartest controller on the market and the next version I think will be remote and internet enabled.

Cheers
Chris
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
a new controller at www.heavymachine.us/probe

Re: Temperature Controllers
by urbangriller » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 am

I've got one of these sitting on my desk right now, the courier delivered it during the week, so I've not tried it yet, next weekends job (BBQ school this weekend).

Unlike all the other controllers, it has 4 phases, so you can set phase 1 to X temperature for Y time, when the time is up it moves to the next phase (XX temperature for YY time) and so on. In addition to that you set the meat doneness temp and hold time, so when the meat gets to temp it controls the BBQ pit to hold the meat at temperature for the length of time you have set, then it switches the BBQ pit to your preset "resting" temperature.

It's looking like the cheapest and smartest controller on the market and the next version I think will be remote and internet enabled.

Cheers
Chris
Are those probe/temp things expensive I haven't seen those kind, and do you just lay the temp prob that controls the temp on the grill grate?
Unread 09-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I think it is cheapest in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
Are those probe/temp things expensive I haven't seen those kind, and do you just lay the temp prob that controls the temp on the grill grate?
You lay pit probe on grate and insert food probe into meat.
You set pit temperature and meat temperate.
At first Pit temperature will be dominant. When it reaches to set time, or when meat reaches to set temperature, Meat temperature will be dominant.

Say you set Pit temp. at 220F for 6 hours, meat temperature at 190F.
6 hours late, meat probe will control the pit.
or whenever meat reaches to 190F, meat probe will take over the control.
You can set meat at 190F for 3 hours, then hold at 140F forever.
During meat probe dominant, pit temperature is limited under certainly level, say 230F.
This way doness is under control, and also you do not over burn surface of meat.
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Send one too me and I'll test it for the site and write the review.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Unfortunately we do not offer free sample.
Instead we sell 10 pieces of sample at US$64 plus shipping US$20 to most active members in major forums. There are 2 pieces left.