THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Well, I wanted to enter the weekly Throw Down which is "Eggs"

( Check_it_out )

And already had some short ribs marinating in:

In a one cup measure -
2 TBS fish sauce
Filled to 1/3 cup Tamari
2/3 cup liquid aminos

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS freshly grated ginger
2 TBS crushed red pepper flakes
5 cloves garlic minced

I let these sit in the fridge for four days before cooking, turning once each day.

Roasted in an open pan on the kettle with a couple chunks of orange wood set to ~ 300 degrees til an IT of 160, then poured in the reserved (boiled and reduced a bit) marinade, covered and continued to cook to 200 when they were done and had a nice tenderness. I really like this marinade but wish I had some good Fish Sauce.

The jasmine rice was cooked with three chopped green onions and some sliced baby carrots (about 9) before frying in sesame oil with a little fish sauce and tamari - fried in the kettle - then the eggs were added and stirred in to complete the frying. I then made a couple cups of the fried rice and poached an egg on top. The stir fried veggies were also done in sesame oil in a hot skillet on the stove til tender-crisp.

Here's some pics...

Making the fried rice

riceeggs.jpg

poaching

riceeggcups.jpg

dusted with five spice
riceeggcupcooked.jpg

the beef marinade

marinade.jpg

marinadebeef.jpg

marinated

marinated1.jpg

stir fry stuff

stirfry.jpg

on the kettle to 160

roasting.jpg

Add the marinade to braize
braize.jpg

cooked and ready to plate

ready.jpg

And served. Forgot this wasn't the farked up mess TD...

plated2.jpg

plated.jpg

It may not be purty but it shore was goooooooooood.:becky:
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Very nice! :clap2:

There's a food truck here (Kogi) that serves Korean-ish food in a Mexican-ish way, i.e. short rib tacos, burritos, etc. There are a lot of awesome things that can be done with short ribs. Have you tried the Red Boat fish sauce? I tried some last week on some Thai food and it is absolutely fantastic.

Very nice! :clap2:

There's a food truck here (Kogi) that serves Korean-ish food in a Mexican-ish way, i.e. short rib tacos, burritos, etc. There are a lot of awesome things that can be done with short ribs. Have you tried the Red Boat fish sauce? I tried some last week on some Thai food and it is absolutely fantastic.

Can't get the Red Boat here yet but Rob is supposed to be visiting Memphis this fall as there's a very sizable Viet Namese (And Asian in general) population here with tons of markets.

Oh y'all, those ribs were fantastic. We have got to save that marinade recipe, it was sooooo good! And Guerry did a great job making the fried rice, it was better than what I've had at Chinese restaurants.

Guerry, just order some Red Boat. I ordered some a couple weeks ago and it isn't too expensive. I have only had a chance to try it in one meal but it was good, very good.

Back