The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Unread 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
robdehko
Got rid of the matchlight.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default team mentoring

I would love to part of your mentoring program let me know what i need to do
rob@realbarbq.com
robdehko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #17
deathamphetamine
is one Smokin' Farker

for the money you'll spend on those mods you could just get a better cooker

just my 2 Cents,
Unread 05-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #18
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" is one of the most versatile for your budget and will serve you well. If you are handy then a UDS could be the way to go.
Weber OTG Walnut handle from Marty Leach
KCBS #20486,FBA certified Master judge,IMBAS (MOINK BALL) Certified

Like what you do. Do what you like.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #19
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

I used a Brinkmann Smoke'N'Pit in competition. With simple modifications made primarily with aluminum foil and a couple extra charcoal grates, I did OK.

BUT - if you'd like to get some sleep. If you'd like to not worry about temperature fluctuations. If you'd like to get a better flavor on your meat.

Get EITHER a 22.5" Weber Smoky Mountain or a drum smoker . . . or both!

The SNP is OK - and a good place to start with the mods - but you'll be happier in the long run with those two instead.

It's definitely handy to also have a Weber grill to handle chicken duties and cooking meals.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote