Brisket UN-appreciation thread

You can only get so much fat in burgers...it generally cooks off with high heat. Waygu seems like such a waste for ground beef. Each to their own...but I'd never do that.

You don't eat Waygu, or Kobe, for the flavor of their "meat". You eat it for the flavor of their "fat". If you're going to grill burgers and render all the fat away, what are you left with?

He is, but, I have had Wagyu brisket burgers and they are very tasty.

You are out of your mind.:doh::crazy:

So I've been told

Nothing personal Mr Brisket :wink:

You can only get so much fat in burgers...it generally cooks off with high heat. Waygu seems like such a waste for ground beef. Each to their own...but I'd never do that.

I didn't buy it to grind it up, but that is it's destiny.

You don't eat Waygu, or Kobe, for the flavor of their "meat". You eat it for the flavor of their "fat". If you're going to grill burgers and render all the fat away, what are you left with?

A killer burger, all the fat will not be rendered out.

He is, but, I have had Wagyu brisket burgers and they are very tasty.

I'll be sure to shoot you an invite :thumb:

I figured someone would have tried it, a few beers and god only knows what ends up on the smoker.

Actually, it is not bad with a little honey, cinnamon and whole milk. I prefer the ones with dates and raisins, as they soften up real nice.

You talking about granola or Californians? Oh, wait, you can always tell a Californian but you can't tell 'em much? <rimshot> :-D

If you live there and talk crazy talk about loving roast beef, I mean tri-tip and hating brisket...sorry, I'm calling BS on not being Californian!!:cool::twisted:

Wow, I hate to admit it, but I can't disagree with anything said there. Fat is flavor. All the folks who love tri-tip over brisket seem to be the same ones who swear by trimming all the fat off their tri-tips BEFORE cooking :crazy:

If you live there and talk crazy talk about loving roast beef, I mean tri-tip and hating brisket...sorry, I'm calling BS on not being Californian!!:cool::twisted:

Not sure where I said I hate brisket, perhaps you can bring me up to speed on that. And since when do Floridians know squat about tri-tip :laugh:

If you get a wagyu around A4 grade, grind it yourself and cook to medium rare, it is exceptional. Just rendered enough to liquify the fat a bit, not rendered out.

"I think a brisket flat is one of the most overrated meats in the BBQ world. Even when done properly,..." sure doesn't sound like brisket love...

Oh, and this Floridian spent most of his adult life traveling courtesy of the Air Force.

Sorry I put a twist in your drawers.

"I think a brisket flat is one of the most overrated meats in the BBQ world. Even when done properly,..." sure doesn't sound like brisket love...

Oh, and this Floridian spent most of his adult life traveling courtesy of the Air Force.

Sorry I put a twist in your drawers.

Yeah well, traveling doesn't mean you know squat about tri-tip :roll: And I still don't see where I said I "hated" brisket, you are correct when saying I have no "love" for it, but hate is quite a stretch :crazy:

Oh, and there is no twist on my end...It would take more than someone disagreeing with my opinion to make that happen :laugh:

Why all of the California bashing? I've gotta chime in - name a beef cut that is worse than brisket...No other cut chews up more fuel, time and rub to come out only marginal. I cook them cuz I have to - not cuz I want to. Almost every other cut is both more flavorful and easier to prepare. This is not a regional thing to me, it is generally accepted that brisket is a low grade cut of meat. And the idea to cook something for its "Fat" is interesting, Why not just get a lump of lard and season it up?

Please give me any other cut from the cow...especially a nice plump Tri Tip even with all the fat left on...still better in my mind.

A respectful .02 to those who love brisket, just not my preference.

Back