MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Thumbs up Bacon laced yard bird rubbed mango & grilled chipotle sauced chicken breast w/pron

Did a quick couple chicken breast tonight laced with bacon. I used some Yardbird rub and then glazed with a chipotle grilled mango sauce while they were on the grill. These are always a favorite of mine when it comes to chicken. No real fancy plating pics it was only me at home tonight. Here are the pics and thanks for lookin

Ready for the grill

Just off before slicing down the middle

and dinner is served

Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

this should be in every cookbook ever written. looks great! the title of this thread had me salivating before i even saw the pics
dealm9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well done sir
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

I thought that title would work good..lol...and thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealm9 View Post
this should be in every cookbook ever written. looks great! the title of this thread had me salivating before i even saw the pics

Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
Parruthead
Full Fledged Farker

Very Nice
1- 84" Lang wide Body, 1-22.5" WSM,4-18.5" WSM's 1-UDS with custom cart, #2 La Caja China 2- Weber Performers, 2-22.5" Weber OTS 1-18" Weber OTS 2-Orion Cookers, 1-8' Event Gasser,
1- Terracotta pig and 1-Terracotta Elephant and [B]One very understanding wife[/B]...
Parruthead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

That is a Great Idea
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
NorthwestBBQ

Amazing.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Oh, meant to ask, did the bacon get cooked in the middle? I would love to try this some day but the girlfriend hates soggy bacon. I have even gone away from wrapping fatties with bacon because the outside gets cooked but the under-bacon never catches up.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

It cooks but doesn't get crusty in the middle. What ya do is cook the girl a plan old chicken breast then make 2 of these for yourself and see if she wants a bit...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
smokeyokie
is one Smokin' Farker

I must say that is terrific looking and I bet it tasted even better!!! Smoke on Brother!!!
smokeyokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by got14u View Post
It cooks but doesn't get crusty in the middle. What ya do is cook the girl a plan old chicken breast then make 2 of these for yourself and see if she wants a bit...
Instead of using raw bacon, lace a partially cooked piece through the Chicken.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

I like it they way they are, but I don;t think it would help to do what you are talking about anyways to get "crispy" bacon in the center..the chicken keeps it moist. It would also be very hard to lace some cooked bacon through a piece of chicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
Instead of using raw bacon, lace a partially cooked piece through the Chicken.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
I like it they way they are, but I don;t think it would help to do what you are talking about anyways to get "crispy" bacon in the center..the chicken keeps it moist. It would also be very hard to lace some cooked bacon through a piece of chicken
I was thinking about a piece that was slightly cooked and still could be threaded thru the needle.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #14
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Oh I understood ya....I may try that on one the next time I do these. I just don't think it will get crisp if ya know what I mean
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I was thinking about a piece that was slightly cooked and still could be threaded thru the needle.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
Oh I understood ya....I may try that on one the next time I do these. I just don't think it will get crisp if ya know what I mean
Just a thought, you could get it crisper if you cut it in half before cooking it.

Tags
bacon laced, chicken, chicken breast