The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
jeffboyette
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

You also don't want to use jar spaghetti marinara. It has far too much water in it. Put some tomato paste and cook it down for a few to get some moisture out of it if you have to use the jar stuff. Otherwise you will end up with soupy mess in the center of your pizza
jeffboyette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #17
jeffboyette
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_T_Scot View Post
A little flour will keep the pizza from sticking on the Peel the Parchment paper also works. I picked up a couple fire bricks from Menards they are use full for spacing etc... Also good if you are direct grilling and want a couple baked potatoes.

You might want to precook your topings a bit. I precook pepperoni just to get rid of the extra grease (brought up that way my apologies to the Pizza snobs).
Precook your toppings!? I bet you boil your ribs too.
jeffboyette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
tmkshew
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
Everyone else is right about heating the stone up. I do pizzas in the kettle especially my 22.5 otg. This pic is from my SJP but its exactly what I do in the big kettle as well. It works really well for me I just set it up on 2 fireplace bricks and preheat for 10 mins then put the pizza on. I've been getting great crispy results. Hope this helps I'm sure others have good ways to do it also.

Thanks everyone for the great advise. I just got back from camping...

I tried out the method of two bricks wrapped in foil and the pizza stone on top.
I let it come to temperature with the charcoal.

Shortly into the cook, the stone broke in 3 pieces.

I think next time I do it, I will put three bricks on. I'll have one in the middle bracing the middle so it doesn't crack, or break there.

I think that will solve my problem. I guess trial and error is the best way to go about this. I appreciate all the insight and great suggestions. I'm taking it all in. I'll come back to this post in a few weeks when I've figured it all out.
Thanks again guys and keep on grillin!

Tags
Camping, Grilling Pizza, Pizza, Pizza Stone, Weber, WSM