BBQ Bubba! I was wondering...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
What's the biggest difference you've experienced going from roadside vending to being a pitmaster? Is it much difference?

What's the biggest things you've learned?

Or even how's the new job going? Is Mike goingto take over roadside vending next year?

Bubba -

Can you please tell me the formula again on how to figure out how much meat I need for 99 adults and 12 1/3 children eating brisket and pulled pork?

Should I make the beans from scratch or fancy up some store bought beans? How many containers of beans do I need to feed them folks?

What's the biggest difference you've experienced going from roadside vending to being a pitmaster? Is it much difference?

What's the biggest things you've learned?

The best way to explain the difference would be to imagine cooking Brisket, pork, ribs and chicken for a 200 person catering gig.

Everyday. :shock:

Then add in smoked bacon, tomatoes, jalapenos and all the other things the cooks need (everything is fresh made at this raunt) and the smoker runs about 24-7.

The biggest thing i have learned is that i do NOT want to open my own BBQ raunt. A nice carry-out place with a couple tables is definetly more my speed.:biggrin:

I have shaved down the 68 hr work weeks to about 50 with the addition of a helper to pull and package all the meats but serving fresh brisket daily (between 8-14 per day) and trying to fit in all the other meats makes for a busy boy! :cool:

Or even how's the new job going? Is Mike goingto take over roadside vending next year?

I'm only playing pitmaster till April when i re-open the roadside stand again. Really looking forward to a full season of roadside, markets and festivals next summer as last year treated me very well!

Mike and I will still be catering and hopefully a much larger schedule of competitions! :biggrin:

Bubba -

Can you please tell me the formula again on how to figure out how much meat I need for 99 adults and 12 1/3 children eating brisket and pulled pork?

Should I make the beans from scratch or fancy up some store bought beans? How many containers of beans do I need to feed them folks?

My formula would be to call RSS BBQ and get a price. :twisted:

Thanks Rich! :tongue:

Ya denny. Business is booming! How you doing bro?

Busy....Getting ready to go down south. I'm going for two weeks. Maybe me and Puff will come out to see you one day. Are you using your recipes?

Heck no! They'll be my competion next spring!

Back