THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
I finally got a chance to try Mr. Wicks rub on something other than a Hamburger. It was ok on a burger but I preffer something like a Montreal steak seasoning or simple Garlic and Pepper on a burger.

The rub is really good keep in mind we are a Low sodium family and it seemed to fit that preference right off. The bark on the brisket was really good not burnt but kind of crunchy still. I could taste the the cinnamon and other spices after the brisket was smoked.
I will also add that i like sweeter BBQ Vs. Spicy (I like spicy food just not that much in the way of BBQ).

The Pron:

Rubbed and ready

RubbedandReady1.jpg

Whole Flat.
WholeBrisket.jpg

Cut in 1/2.
Brisket1_2.jpg

Some slices
SlicedBrisket1.jpg

all the slices
SlicedBrisket2.jpg

Beans
Beans.jpg

it was cooked on the LBGE with Cedar grove lump and 3-4 chunks of hickory. 225 for 9 hours the Brisket started out as an 7 lbs flat. Restd for 5 hours then a little reheat and sliced.

Nice eats. One helping for me and another helping for....ME!!!

Thanks, It was really good. Funny thing is I only opened the egg one time during the cook for the probe test then foiling to rest. Maybe no pressure of not having anyone over and I slept through a lot of the cook helped.

Oh it was a CAB from Sams club.

Back