Monthly oppertunity

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Would anyone else take this...

Small catering event one Wednesday night per month for 12-15 persons. Menu wouldn't be set, but pricing would be, sandwich/lighter fare, 1 side, possible light dessert. Roughly $5-8 per person. LIke I said, monthly oppertunity, at a local firehall that could yield future jobs...

Anyone else think this is as worthwhile as I do?

Thanks!!

Honestly....not if it's BBQ.
To much time involved for too little return.

UNLESS....it's something easy like chicken or pork loin. :biggrin:

Now i'm not one to turn down work so i would probably make it happen!

Good luck Tim, get your name out there!

As Bubba said. No BBQ. But brats, burgers and oter grilled food I could make it happen. I would want a minimum price, not just a charge per head on such a small event.

Nope! Max you make is $80 per week. Do it a couple of times and thats it (just to get your name out there).

Here is my math : 8x 15=$120; 2/3 profit= $80

Disclaimer: Your time may be more valuable, if you have a day job and need time for Wife/GF, kids, friends, clubs, etc. YMMV

It's not going to be Q... although, if I have a bigger Q gig the weekend before, I will do some extra and serve that to them. I may also use them as 'test subjects' for new recipies, etc...

Nope. I dont leave the house unless I can make money. IMHO $50 / hour for my time is the magic number, and that means every hour including shopping and prep.

If you have the time and the inclination, I say - why not? What's the worst that could happen? You do it 2-3 times and if it doesn't lead to bigger things you can always politely end the deal. You could ask for higher $$ if they want ribs or pulled pork. Plus, at this price, you can try out some recipes and see how they go over. Word of mouth is a great way to make a sale... Once a month? Why not! You never know who's gonna sample your food and fall in love.

Back