ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
BBQ contest I'm doing in Sept wants that. I'll have a big sign that says 20% of sales goes to the Festival and adjust my prices accordingly. Probably add a dollar but depends on what others do.

Charge $15 a sandwich and then don't make any, you will be way ahead of the game.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #17
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

lol I like it

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony76248 View Post
Charge $15 a sandwich and then don't make any, you will be way ahead of the game.
And if you do sell a bunch of sandwiches at $15 each, then you need to find out where those people will be the next weekend and everyone after that

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I paid 3k in DC for a two day event, and it was well worth it. If you know the event you should know the value. I am doing a one and half day event this weekend and paid 750. A three day event in sept I paid 1750. I did one three weeks ago that I paid 250. Just showing that prices are all over the place. Do your homework locally to see if it is worth it. Don't take my word or anyone elses thousands of miles away whether its a good deal or not.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
stillsmokintn
Knows what a fatty is.

were are going to do it!!!! if anything it will be experince with the new truck we have some others lined up for sept. and oct. one being little cheaper one being little more.i guess we can only learn.and this seems to be the business direction we are wanting to go.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
lazybonesmoke1
Full Fledged Farker

What kind of menu are you going to do?
lazybonesmoke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
stillsmokintn
Knows what a fatty is.

after rethinking it were going to pass for couple of reasons.

1. will only be able to do non bbq items even though the other bbq guy is doing sammies and ribs
2.no electricty at all so would have to run gen. from friday night-sunday afternoon .8 tenths of gallon per hour. to keep refers and freezer going.

talked to some people that vended last 2 years that are not going back due to high rent for amount of people attending and onsite hotel dinning room serving plate lunches . cheap just going with my gut on this one will go out and check it out for kicks...
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #23
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sounds like a good decision.
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #24
stillsmokintn
Knows what a fatty is.

well this weekend was the big gigwhat a joke we went by today to check things out least we got a good laugh.now we do bbq and shaved ice... there 3 people serving q,at least 4 people serving some sort of shaved ice or ice cream.and the biggest food booth there doing burgers,dogs etc.was the people that were putting on the gig and everyone that was working the event was funneling people to that booth.what a joke....and none of them were remotley busy.i saw the lady that heads it up and she says im so sorry you could not make it!!!i said it doesnt look like any of the food vendors could eithershe says we have plenty of food vendors.i said no the 250.00 you charged them.what a joke show it was.and just got back from the car wash and saw the funnel cake guy cleaning his rig before heading back to GA. asked how he did said it only cost him 50.00$ to sit there for 2 days after all sales and fees he wont be back!
Unread 08-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Dam!! I got caught up in one of those.

Glad to see you avoided it.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsmokintn View Post
well this weekend was the big gigwhat a joke we went by today to check things out least we got a good laugh.now we do bbq and shaved ice... there 3 people serving q,at least 4 people serving some sort of shaved ice or ice cream.and the biggest food booth there doing burgers,dogs etc.was the people that were putting on the gig and everyone that was working the event was funneling people to that booth.what a joke....and none of them were remotley busy.i saw the lady that heads it up and she says im so sorry you could not make it!!!i said it doesnt look like any of the food vendors could eithershe says we have plenty of food vendors.i said no the 250.00 you charged them.what a joke show it was.and just got back from the car wash and saw the funnel cake guy cleaning his rig before heading back to GA. asked how he did said it only cost him 50.00$ to sit there for 2 days after all sales and fees he wont be back!
Good instincts! Mark this one suspicions confirmed! Glad you made the right decision.
Twitter - @ranchoagogo @ranchotogobbq
www.ranchotogobbq.com
C Rocke is offline   Reply With Quote