THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus
Premium

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tim
We VacuSuck a lot of stuff for just home cooks.
Finally ready to move up to a chamber type machine.

All the threads on here are very complimentary for the VacMaster VP112 and WebRestaurantStore has a reasonable price.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/vacmaster-vp112-chamber-vacuum-sealer/120VMASVP112.html

Question:
My current machine will pull a "hard" vacuum on firm meat and such. Very solid and rock hard.
All of the videos I can find show what I call a "soft" vacuum where the product is still flexible in the bag.

Will the VP112 pull a "hard" vacuum if desired??

Thanks,

TIM

I have that sealer and love it. You can adjust the vac time and no problem with a "hard seal."
Matter of fact I seal rub and it packs in hard as a rock!

By quality and you only cry once...

I have that sealer and love it. You can adjust the vac time and no problem with a "hard seal."
Matter of fact I seal rub and it packs in hard as a rock!

By quality and you only cry once...

Dan,
Thanks for the quality input!
I just put in the order for one with a rolling cart so I can move that sucker :redface:

TIM

One additional question.

I have a fair supply of regular FoodSaver type bags.
Logic tells me they can be used in the VP112 just to avoid wasting them.

Can they??

Thanks,

TIM

Got our machine---YaHOOOOOO!
What a treat.
Sucker is heavy at about 50#. Glad I bought a cart. 8)

I had two questions above.
This answers both questions:

1. It handily crushes an empty can at just 75% vacuum setting. Pulls a "hard vacuum" with ease! 8)

2. It works just fine with the foodsaver type external bags.
That means I can use up my stock of about 125-150 and not have to throw or give them away. 8)

Mrs Kapn asked why we did not get one when we were competing and bagging lots and lots of leftovers, pre-trimmed chickie, etc.
Simple--we spent all our money competing and could not afford it! :oops:

We are tickled.

TIM

Awesome! I find myself sealing things I never considered. Just sealed and froze some leftover beans. No idea how it'll work but what the heck!

Awesome! I find myself sealing things I never considered. Just sealed and froze some leftover beans. No idea how it'll work but what the heck!

AMEN!

Before, I had to bring the FoodSaver and bags to the kitchen counter, after clearing it off. Then bag and move all the stuff back to storage in my "Man Cave".

Now, this machine will have a home in my "Man Cave" and stay plugged in right next to our big freezer.
For a few bags, just load them in the kitchen and VacuSuck them in my room.
For larger jobs, like last week when we drove to Panama City and stocked up on seafood, easy to roll it to the kitchen.

And, at 8-19 cents per bag, it makes sense to vacusuck stuff that was not warranted at 30-90 cents per bag before!

Good stuff---just wish I could have afforded one years (and countless expensive bags and worn out machines) ago!!!!!!!!!!!8)

TIM

Back