THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Yeah, I know I've made this before, but Hometruckin' reminded me it was time to do it again with his "what do I do with this pork butt" thread.

Normally I'll butterfly the butt, stuff it with the herbs and garlic and tie it back up. Then pull it and slice it at around 160*. This time it was getting late (butt went on at 2am) so I figured I'd try a pulled version.

I just coated the outside with heavy kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flake, parsley and oregano.

I also put about 8 cloves of fresh garlic and some fresh flat leaf parsley in the pan along with a touch of chicken broth to get the juices started. The key is to have a bunch of flavorful liquid in the end.

I threw it on the egg at 275* with one chunk of apple. I've never put smoke on this dish before so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It was the night of the super moon. This is the best shot I could get with my camera. Doesn't look too super to me. I guess it's time for that zoom lens. :tsk:

The butt came off the next morning looking good. Got some nice juices going in there.

Once that was off I started prepping the days side dishes.

Garlic Parmesan Potatoes.

Pasta salad with grilled beans, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.

It was getting to be that time so I'll insert beverage here.

Pork pulled great, then it was into the crock pot with all those juices.

Time to eat. For CD, some Amoroso's rolls.

Served on a roll with provolone, and sauteed spinach (they were out of broccoli rabe:tsk:) I added hot cherry peppers to mine. :thumb:

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

2174935-65c6f20c_dayum.jpg

Back