THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
I saw what looked like a Performer on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago for $30. I emailed immediately but someone had already beat me to it.

It got me thinking - the table seems like it would make a great UDS cart (assuming you didn't want the kettle). Has anyone used one of these tables to make into a UDS cart?

Does a platinum cart count? My platinum was hit by a section of railing during demo of my deck and I broke the side table. Figuring I would find a use for the cart and the kettle I kept it around. Recently I put together my latest drum using the cart with a rebuilt table. Only real mod to the cart was bolting in some angle iron for the drum to rest on and some U bolts to secure the drum to the cart. Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_20110806_170007.jpg
    IMG_20110806_170007.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
That looks nice. I always thought it would be cool to build a performer style table around the drum so only the weber lid was showing.

There is another Brethren that made a Performer type cart for a WSM that looked really nice. I saved the post for future reference but I will have to look it up to repost. Your and his build look really nice and hopefully I can finish my build in the near future. Thank you both for the pron and ideas. :thumb:

Yeah, a Performer cart would be great for a UDS. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to find just the cart. My problem is that I see Performers on CL but its hard to sacrifice the full setup if the kettle is still good. And, it's unlikely that you would see a Performer cart on CL without the kettle. Still a chance though.

Does a platinum cart count? My platinum was hit by a section of railing during demo of my deck and I broke the side table. Figuring I would find a use for the cart and the kettle I kept it around. Recently I put together my latest drum using the cart with a rebuilt table. Only real mod to the cart was bolting in some angle iron for the drum to rest on and some U bolts to secure the drum to the cart. Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out.

:clap2: Very nice :thumb:

I built this cart using ideas I got from my Performer.
IMG_9609.jpg

I made a few adaptions and made it mobil...
IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Word of advice if you are wanting to build your own... make sure you build it wide enough that the drums fit in it. The first time I assembled it, I didn't account for the stiffner rings on the drums. I took the diameter measurement at the top of the drum and added an inch. When I went to put the drums on it, they wouldn't fit :doh:
So I had to tear it apart and add an inch to the center cross tubings so they would fit.

The best of both worlds. The UDS Performer!

My problem is that I see Performers on CL but its hard to sacrifice the full setup if the kettle is still good.

I had the same thought when I saw the grill on CL. I actually don't have a charcoal grill (just my drum and a Weber gasser) and as I thought about converting the old Performer I thought "why not keep the Performer and actually use it as it was intended?"

In the end I didn't have to face that dilemna, since someone scored the Performer out from under me. It had only been posted a few hours when I emailed and I was too late.

Back