THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Picked up my trailer last week and now to start finishing it. I am kicking around a few ideas for the flooring. What do you guys have or what would you use if had to do again?

Thanks!

Our old trailer had a rubber coin floor. It gave us some cushion while standing and was very easy to clean.

I dont recommend diamond plate aluminum .The glare is awful. We used Porch paint on most of it .I like the rubber coin Ron talked about .

Went to Lowes and bought a piece of vinyl flooring for 80 bucks, no adhesive needed just double sided tape on the edges, been holding up great all season long

Thanks guys, I am really looking at going the spray on bed liner route. My wife works for a major coatings mfg. and can get me what I need. Just was a little leary about it on wood.

I'd consider doing the floor in the lining then doing the rubber tiles on top. That way, if you want, you can pull the tiles out every year, clean the inside by hosing it down, then reput in the tiles.

We had a local carpet store donate some vinyl for us. It was probably scraps to them but worked great for us. Might be worth a shot to check a carpet place out.

All you really need is a floor that is water tight -- that you can hose out. On top of that, I would get some of those floor mats that they use in restaurant kitchens. They are food safe, you can take them out and hose them off, and they are padded to give your feet and joints and break.

I think either an epoxy or a bed-liner would work for that water tight base. So would vinyl. The bed liner would probably help with dropped pots and pans.

I have fancy custom oak cabinets and top shelf appliances in my kitchen, but the floor is vinyl, because I cook in my kitchen, which means I spill chit. If my kitchen had a farking drain, I'd have a hose bib installed for cleaning. :becky:

My mom has those padded mats in her kitchen, and they really do help when you are on your feet all day cooking. Hers don't get slippery with spills, either.

CD

Back