THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
Here in about an hour or so, I'll be firing up the WSM and the UDS and packing 45 Lbs of meat in em. I just fininshed making a pot of "Chiludo"! (there's a dirty Spanish play on words in the name!) It's a cross between Texas Chili and Mexican Menudo complete with tripe and hominy. On the Texas side there is ground pork and bacon. This chit smells so farking good. I'll have pics, promise. I'm going hand to hand with a 3 year old and a 7 month old so please be patient till Mommy comes homes and tags me out.
I'll be rubbing one roll with El Guapo Meat Seasoning and the other with some Mesquite Brisket rub that I got for cheap, but that really has a great aroma and taste. I'll be spritzing with AJ and Wooser sauce as per Bubba. This thread will go well into tomorrow and Saturday when we have my son's B-day party at the Poki Roni Ranch. Horses, chickens, tug of war, hay rides, bobbing for apples, sack races, food and who knows what else!! Wish me luck.

I'll be in and out.........over and out!!

Bob that sounds like a massive BBQ workout. Can't wait for the pictures , and have lots of fun with the family!

You are in for a wild ride brother! :biggrin:
Sounds like you got a good plan, stick with it and be patient! Those babies are gonna take forever and then some!
Lots of pron as i'll be comping this weekend, will check in when i can.
Good luck and enjoy! :cool:

Bob, that sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to see the pics.:cool:

2763195179_3d820cca4b.jpg

Modded WSM coal grate, tossed my 18.5 coal grate cross wise.
2763195187_57323fd7a2.jpg

Got the troops loaded up and ready to go last night.
2763195207_31d37842da.jpg

Pit crew!
2763195211_e53879693d.jpg

Beautiful day!!
2763200143_f1c00b73d5.jpg

Chuck roll sunscreen!
2763200155_5db3bf16a0.jpg

Cherry in the drum and apple in the WSM.
2763200159_83fc9be2e7.jpg

We're OFF!

I would have been tempted to cut each of those chuckies in half, one half on each shelf. Or are they too thick to fit on the lower racks? I've got to try cooking those things someday.

I do not understand this method of timekeeping....How many beers is that??:rolleyes:

Looking forward to finish pron!!

Fark.....good question. Let's say 90 beers or so!! Give or take a few. I already have 30 on hand.

I would have been tempted to cut each of those chuckies in half, one half on each shelf. Or are they too thick to fit on the lower racks? I've got to try cooking those things someday.

I was inspired by Bubba. I said I'll cookem whole!!

Meat temp is one degree less in the WSM than the UDS. I find this odd since the WSM has a full water pan and all vents open. The UDS has 1 1/2 vents out of 3 open at the exhaust and they are neck and neck in meat temp. UDS therm says 250 and WSM says 220 and current mteat temps are 139 for the UDS and 137 for the WSM. The meat temp in in the WSM was -15 degrees behind the UDS for the first 5 hours and they are now about even. I'm getting much better smoke off the WSM too. Eventhough they have the same amount of chunks embedded in the coal.
I got my 70's rocks playing and my boy is here by me side. The camo netting came in REALLY handy. Were are getting a nice rainfall and it's keeping the water off the pits.
There is nothing like the smell of rain and Q!!

More to come, Brothers and Sisters

How many beers have ya got in ya by now? hows the cook going? Its raining pretty good here in Wichita Falls. Hope it clears out by the weekend was wanting to play with my stick burner on a overnighter brisket.

2766104432_5c09f3a609.jpg

Goofing around!
2766104438_efa416c995.jpg

Here's the Chiludo. It was a hit.
2766104442_8058288b4d.jpg

At 9 AM before foiling.
2766104444_3b25edac9b.jpg

Foiled and in the GOSM oven. They are at 180 and rising quickly. The smell is really nice. More to come.

Lookin great Bob.... Very tasty!
Like your "goofing around" pic too. lol

Back