THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

BIGBrandon2785

Im kinda new here but I asked about pork ribs once and got told the GREATEST rib method EVER .........so I figured I would ask bout "Brisket"??

How can I start with a beef brisket????Do I have to own a "smoker" pit??Or will my rectangle charcoal pit work??

In my opinion, temperature control is one of, if not thee most important things tn cooking a good brisket. So if you have good control of temps on your pit, you're good to go.

I have an all wood smoker, and controlling the temp can be difficult at times. I believe you have to be carefull on how much u open the door, and how long it's left open. I open to mop or spray every hour... really fast then close it.. Mopping is the key i believe... moisture, moisture, moisture.. When i do this i can keep my smoker over 200... to 225. It is an art of what i have noticed. But you can pick up fast.. Low and Slow and have patience!!! Its not easy...lol But very fun..

Kris...... Beverly Hills ,Fl :cool:

Back