THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brew Crew

Knows what a fatty is.
Well thank you Bigabyte for the post on basic brisket tutorial. :-D I have not fired up my smoker since I first got her on this past Super Bowl Weekend. I could not get a clean fire and had real bad creasote bitter tasting food for the first three cooks...I got so mad at myself I had yet to try again. :mad2: But with the Cowboys having the first pre-season game of the season today I thought what better time than now to try again. I went to United and they had Brisket on sale for $1.49 a pound so what the heck. I search this great site again and found Bigabytes post and it sure helped. Although I had a pretty clean fire I was hestitant on the final results. I smoked the brisket for the first three hours with no foil, but then I was just thinking of the past cooks on my new smoker and all the wasted meat I ruined on her and could not resist the temptation to wrap her up. I cooked it again for 5 more hours before I tried to insert the probe, and it was just like butter. Well I guess wrapping it really did speed up the cooking process for it kinda fell apart while trying to carve after the rest. :doh: Could have also been the knife set was from 15 years ago as a wedding gift...maybe time to get a new set! Anyway the meat was just AWESOME tasting!!! :clap2: We all like the our brisket more chopped up anyway. I was so giddy about the results I snapped a few pics. My wife and kids enjoy my BBQ again. :thumb:

Attachments

• brisket pull.jpg
    brisket pull.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 191
  • brisket cut.jpg
    brisket cut.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 188
  • brisket cut2.jpg
    brisket cut2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 189
  • bowl brisket.jpg
    bowl brisket.jpg