THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Did my first quick brisket yesterday for a tasting Scheduled for the afternoon. I put it in the Spicewine at 300 degrees at 7am. It was 160 degrees at about 10:45 am.

Morgan024.jpg

I foiled it with Worsey sauce and AJ and put it back in the smoker. It hit 195 at about 12:30pm. I stuck it in a cooler until the tasting at 3:30pm. It came out tender and juicy. These folks enjoyed it along with the ribs, chicken, bbq beans, green beans and Pineapple coleslaw.

Morgan027.jpg

I got the job and even a little taste for myself!

Morgan028.jpg

I did my first quick brisket yesterday. I couldn't tell the difference between it and the 14 hr briskets I've done. The only difference I noticed was the shallow bark and shallow smoke ring.

As usual, Bigmista, you've made me hungry!:twisted::mrgreen:
That looks awesome!:mrgreen:
Congrats on the gig...

I love quick brisket, that is the only way I ever cook it. It comes out just as good, and a lot less chance for bitter smoke flavor. Nice job of the beef!

Looks great and I am sure it tasted great too. I have done the quick brisket too and the only thing missing is the bark I like. Other than that, there was no difference in taste.

Back