THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Cowgirl is surely one of my favorite Brethren of all time. She is so resourceful, and finds many new ways of cooking food with fire and smoke that I often wonder "Why didn't I think of that"?

I decided to create my own tribute to Cowgirl by incorporating some of her favorite ingredients into a finished meal that I think captures the essence of her fine culinary skills.

First, I started out with some Rock Cornish game hens, (Cowgirl likes small birds) which we brined for about 2 hours in a mixture of water, brown sugar, Kosher salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, and tangerine peels:

DSC_1646.jpg

When we removed the bird from the brine, we let them air dry over a rack. We then put my special Moose Chicken Rub #2 on the birds, along with some seasoned pepper:

DSC_1649.jpg

Meanwhile, The Missus whipped up a batch of of tatoes seasoned with garlic, sea salt, and fresh rosemary from the garden:

DSC_1648.jpg

We then put the birds on the spit to slowly spin into crispy skin goodness:

DSC_1653.jpg

When everything was ready, we plated up, and this is how it looked:

DSC_1657.jpg

Thanks for checking out my meal for Cowgirl!

:thumb:

I'll bet it was pretty tasty!

I have never cooked cornish hens before - seems like I need to fix that. How much did those weigh?

Beautiful work! :clap2:

I'll bet it was pretty tasty!

I have never cooked cornish hens before - seems like I need to fix that. How much did those weigh?

Beautiful work! :clap2:

Thanks - they were pretty tasty indeed! :-D

The birds weighed in at about 1.5 lbs. My Mom used to cook them all the time when I was a kid. The meat is very sweet and doesn't have a lot of fat, which is why they are perfect on the rotisserie.

Wow Moose!!! Looks wonderful! :biggrin1: Thank you....you are so kind. :hug:

Back