THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
So a friend of ours brought us over a tractor tire for the kids to use as a sandbox, so I offered to cook them some dinner as a thank you. He asked for ribs--here's how it went down...

Took some spares:

Trimmed them St. Louis style:

Rubbed it all down with my house rub. Flap meat went on for ~1 hour over RO lump with some cherry and pecan at ~250° to get some flavor. Then, chopped it up, and into the CI DO with some onion and garlic that I sauteed in some bacon grease, along with a big farkin' can of baked beans. That went onto the lower grate on the WSM underneath the ribs and tips.

Went for ~5 hours at 250 - 275°C until they all probed tender with a toothpick and passed the bend test.

Sliced 'em up:

and served with the beans:

and some strawberry-rhubarb cobbler for dessert since the rhubarb in the yard is just begging to be eaten:

Turned out great! Now I just need to go and get about 2 paycheck's worth of sand to fill up that tire :doh:

Maybe you can barter some pulled pork for sand, lol.

Nice looking ribs and beans too!

KC

I like the way you think! of course, I could just save some money and skip the sand--the kids have been enjoying the mud pit so far :tsk: I had to hose my little one off for ~5 minutes so he was clean enough to go take a shower :shock:

Back