View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Put the brisket in the freezer and the butt in the refrigerator for use later on. I think your asking for trouble starting off with both of those not yet knowing how your drum acts.

Make a fatty or two and smoke them first, this will let you get the feel for your drum and how it reacts to changes, etc.

Once your comfortable with that then smoke the butt, then smoke the brisket. The brisket is not as forgiving as the butt and easier to mess up so I'd wait until you have a few cooks under your belt before tackling it.

Not trying to discourage you but you're jumping in with both feet before you even learned to tread water.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by dgassaway; 05-03-2010 at 03:38 PM..
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote