• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pitmaster T Video Series (2011 New!!) - Big Maybelle's "Candy" Glaze

Yeah... I noticed the original creator (shown) commented that the glaze, for all its sugar, detracts very little as it sits... so then I thought...why can't it? Just a little, and let me tell ya... to get a little chunk of cherry in ur mouth... just a little one, that is concentrated with that flavor.... mmmmm Makes me rethink the no glaze no sauce thing.

that looks really great! the color reminds me of the sauce the salt lick uses on their Q. Do you use it to baste all throughout cooking or just at the end?

LOL I once did a rib and cooked it in the weber for only 15 minutes... It was like a crunchy outer candy like layer...

The instructions in the video say use proper glaze judgment (for loins and chix)... now I know that's kinda general but it means start at 5 minutes before and watch it like a hawk until you get the results you want.

Me personally? In my Hoochie Coochie loins vid I stated to lay it on at IT of 150 - to which you would keep cooking until 160 (note this was a stuffed loin so thats why I did not pull at 140-145. NOT an tenderloin!!!!

On RIBS I was specific... make sure ur ribs are hot, pull them and immediately glaze.. and rest... immediately! You can do this on the pit if you want the cherries to set more. But watch it...

Style... :thumb:<clap clap>

I know I seen that photo with the 97' before.. can't place it yet

Back