my pork carnitas

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My BBQ Brethren its been a while so here we go....
The family wanted carnitas tacos and it just so happens that picnic shoulder was on sale for .99 cents a pound. Seasoned with garlic salt and lawrys seasonig salt. We did salsa and pico de gallo.
1357527595.jpg

The salsa is this...1 cup of japanesse chilli pods. 2 green tomatillos, 3 tbs of garlic salt and 3 tbs of oil. First brown the tomatillos in oil for about 5 minutes in medium heat and brown chillis for about 3 minutes. Combine in blender with 1 cup of water and blend.
1357527599.jpg

1357527600.jpg

1357527692.jpg

Final result...
1357527783.jpg

Then some pico de gallo...combine and chop and add 1 tbs of jalapenos vinegar.
1357527621.jpg

1357527624.jpg

The main event... smoked in mesquite for about 6 hours at 350 degress,
1357527623.jpg

1357527626.jpg

plated and ready to eat. thanks for looking...
1357527628.jpg

Bloody fantastic. I love the chilli hit. Could you provide full recipe including temperatures & cooking times?

I love smoked meat but I even love it more when its in a tortilla! That looks awesome and think I'm gonna have to borrow your recipe sometime soon

That looks amazing. Ive been wanting to cook a carnitas flavored pork butt. How did your flavors compare to traditional carnitas? That salsa looks killer!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wow that looks great. Looks like another beverage is in order.

That salsa looks hot. I like mild and med salsa in the jar. How does it compare in heat to medium store salsa ?

That looks amazing. Ive been wanting to cook a carnitas flavored pork butt. How did your flavors compare to traditional carnitas? That salsa looks killer!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for late response. Emails somehow was sent to spam folder. The carnitas are tender as if it was made the traditional way. The smoke flavor is the kicker and my wife likes it because they are not greasy.

Wow that looks great. Looks like another beverage is in order.

That salsa looks hot. I like mild and med salsa in the jar. How does it compare in heat to medium store salsa ?

This would be a hot salsa but with flavored you can taste. You will not sweat or suffer.

Back