Too early to talk about the weekend (11/30-12/02)?

tjus77

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Cooking with 7 other teams with their pits (mostly small, but 3 of us can cook 10-40 briskets each) for 1750 people at a church tailgate party on Sunday. 250lbs of sausage, 840 lbs of brisket (70 brisket or so), hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids. Beans and Tater Salad for sides. Go TEXANS! Beat the hell out of Tennessee (we hate Bud Adams down here).

Going to be a long weekend (no drinking either :cry:).

When your cooking that much meat...its not too early to start talking about it! Whats the game plan...when does the meat go on?

Cooking with 7 other teams with their pits (mostly small, but 3 of us can cook 10-40 briskets each) for 1750 people at a church tailgate party on Sunday. 250lbs of sausage, 840 lbs of brisket (70 brisket or so), hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids. Beans and Tater Salad for sides. Go TEXANS! Beat the hell out of Tennessee (we hate Bud Adams down here).

No more love for Vince?:-o

why is it you hate Bud Adams? You all should reconcile your differences and you can have him back.:lol:

When your cooking that much meat...its not too early to start talking about it! Whats the game plan...when does the meat go on?

well, I was planning on doing a fast cook. but since everyone was planning on staying out at the church all night, I decided to start about 8:00-9:00PM. Just got an email from one of the teams (who is supposedly big on competition) who wants the wood there at 10:00 AM Sat because he takes 24 hours to cook brisket. He supposedly wins alot of awards, but 24 hours, give me a break.

Isn't there a law in Texas against cooking that much meat without drinking beer?
We begged and pleaded...... don't tell anyone, but I think we will do like we do on trailride and hide it in a non-discript container....:icon_shy. I am going to miss my jello shots!

Vince should have been drafted here, but that is how Houston sports goes.... we tend to let the best players slip through our hands or trade them off right after we win a championship.

As far as Bud goes, we were silent and actually wanted him to leave, so the good folks in TN could find out the hard way what an A$$ he is... sorry guys.

Back