View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Position very much matters.

When you are removing the brisket you will want to cut the package and position the open slit at the bottom so gravity pulls the brisket out while you hold the plastic.

I used to cut the top, reach in and grab the brisket and wait for gravity to make the plastic bag slide off the brisket but either my hands inserted in the bag increased the tension of the bag around the brisket or gravity simply had no affect on the bag as far as its downward movement due to surface tension and friction or suction from the meat. This will work but you have to wait until the brisket loses enough of its moisture, about 10 days, and the bag may fall off. But I had difficulty with the blood remains also becoming a glue and causing the plastic to more permanently stick.

When this happens it is a pain the product has to be shipped to Bigabyte for individual arbitration and discovery as to how to re-constitute the brisket in the bag and start the process all over again holding the brisket and letting gravity pull the light plastic down. Chris devised and unique but elaborate ploy whereby large coils of copper were filled with a liquid and passed through his smoker creating steam that drove a small 2 cycle engine that was tweaked to serve as a steam engine which was coupled to a generator that powered a small waterpik filled with fluid that would slowly fill the plastic bag thereby increasing its weight, or rather increasing the weight that the bag held in and the bag fell off the brisket. This takes hours so the much wiser position of the bag with the slit down to aid the already heavier brisket into a downward path is very important indeed.

I am open to other ideas though. I have none,,, these ideas I got from an old Howard Hughes document.