I left my BBQ in El Segundo

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK.

We had to wait until 2pm to set up for a 3pm Farmers Market in El Segundo. First time there. Had no idea where to set up or how were going to arrange our booth. Tried to put up sides on the ez ups but it was very windy and we barely avoided going airborne.

After two hours we realized that my FIL didn't load the extra sides so off to the grocery store I run. Get back and all they have left is coleslaw so we started selling the store bought tater salad while throw some beans and greens in the smoker.

One of MrsMista's aunt is trying to help but all she is doing is getting underfoot. To top it off that wind that is blowing is coming straight off of the ocean so it is cold and wet. We are sticking our hands in the smoker to try and thaw them out.

In spite of all of that, we had our best 1st day ever! People were buying meat by the rack and by the pound. WE cam home with 1/2 rack of ribs. That's it. On what they called a really slow day.

This is really getting interesting...

Sorry about the bad weather Neil.
Sounds like you have found another great market.
Congrats on selling out.

Definitely worth it. I can't wait to see what it will be like in the spring and summer!

Sounds like you're going to need to invest in a concession trailer soon!

Awesome. Livin' the dream.

Sounds like you're going to need to invest in a concession trailer soon!

Awesome. Livin' the dream.

Definitely need a bigger trailer. Much as I will be working I'll need sleeping quarters...

What's it going to be like when you have to cook 6 or 8 times more meat to keep up with the demand?

Congrats!!!

Maybe a restaurant doesn't sound quite so bad, now. At least the chef usually has a tiny little cluttered office to sit down in.

:biggrin:

And BigMista's begins to take over the world, one Farmer's Market at a time.
I believe!!!

Congrats again :-D

I'm already going tohave to double up on the meat as soon as this bad weather breaks.

Great news Neil!
I'm vicariously living thru you as the weather hasn't allowed us to get going yet but soon!

Every post i read just gets me more excited to get going!

You sound like your close to making the jump! :cool:

Yup. Pretty close. Already talking to the boss about a leave of absence.

What's it going to be like when you have to cook 6 or 8 times more meat to keep up with the demand?

Congrats!!!

Maybe a restaurant doesn't sound quite so bad, now. At least the chef usually has a tiny little cluttered office to sit down in.

:biggrin:

The office is my domain. He could sleep leaning on the smoker.

Back