View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #74
HatchQ4U
Found some matches.

Norco, thanks for the great information. It has been said many times, but let me say it again. This is a great tutorial. Love the pics, love the wording on the drum, love the mods.

But seeing this will be my first UDS build, I still have a few questions, and yes, I'm sure they won't be the most brilliant of questions.

1st, Seeing I only have a flat lid, would you still recommend your height of the grill racks. I only plan on have 1 rack, (figure I can make more UDS'r, if I need more space) and not sure if I should raise or lower it from your 8" down.

Next dumb question. I notice in your pics of your air intakes, you only have one with the ball valve. Are the other 2 just capped. If so, what is the purpose of them, or have you just not taken pic's of the other intakes with the valve.

And last but not least. With the reading I have been able to get through, there is still the debate on what kind of bolt hardware to use. It wasn't clear in your pics. Are they just standard zinc, or stainless or something different.

Again, thanks for the great tutorial, it is just what the newbies need to get started. Nice and simple.

Looking forward to my first build.
HatchQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote