• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoke in the Spring Osage Comp Vending Question

Hawgsnheifers

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Anybody out there that competed last year at Osage also do the Taste of Osage and vend? If so, what did you sell and for how much. I heard someone tell me "buck a bone". My team is wanting to vend this year and I need to figure out what were going to offer.

Thank you for your support...:mrgreen:

We were at Osage city last year, but did not sell any BBQ, But I think most teams were selling by the plate. (sandwich,coleslaw, and a pop) but I am not sure.

Thanks Matt. I had heard that too. Folks were selling a meal but I think offering small portions of a few different types of Q allows folks to taste test more stuff.

I think were going with a Rachel Rays 30 minute meal version of smoked tenderloin possom fritters on a stick with a side of Giada's famous
re-homogenized Beaver Brain gelatin compote. :eek: All for 3 BBQ Bucks....

Gonna be sum good eats at this Q'en contest I mean to tell ya....:mrgreen:

... smoked tenderloin possom fritters on a stick with a side of Giada's famous re-homogenized Beaver Brain gelatin compote. :eek: All for 3 BBQ Bucks....

Gonna be sum good eats at this Q'en contest I mean to tell ya....:mrgreen:

Now there are a couple of recipes I'd like to see! :mrgreen:

Our first vending opportunity for this year is in May...doing BBQ Sundaes, Buck-a-Bone ribs, Pulled Pork Plates (beans & slaw), and this 'meat-on-a-stick' sounds like a winner...what type of meat do you do? What kind of prices can you get for it?

Thanks!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

Anybody have any input on what was vended last year?

Either my mind is cloudy from the whiskey.... or it was cloudy from the 6 inches of snow and electrical shock from the the standing 2 inches of rain our cords were all in :shock:

I wish I was more help man!!!!

We did it in Dillon, Colorado last year and what went over well for us (aside from all the leftover comp meats that FLEW out of the camp!) was BBQ spaghetti. Cheap and we sold a butt load of it.

Back