Trailer for my "Spice Twins"

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well brothers i think i've lost my mind.I have been looking for a cargo trailer with a ramp and yesterday i bought a 18 ft.Toyhauler.After a lot of searching and reasoning i decided i should have H&C water, a/c,space to prep inside w/o flies,storage so i don't have to spend a day getting ready and a day putting every thing away 'till the next contest. Maybe this should be "in you might be a brethren if.....":confused:

Congrats MrSmoker. That Toyhauler deal is real nice. As to the "being a brethren" yea, that works too, but "being a brethren" = losing your mind a piece at the time doesn't it?:rolleyes:

Good job. I've been looking at those Toyhaulers for a while now with the same idea.

Hot Dam! You gonna need a hoist to pull the Spice up that ramp or a couple more team members, right?

beerguy said:
Hot Dam! You gonna need a hoist to pull the Spice up that ramp or a couple more team members, right?
I bought two Med. smokers only 450# each and will roll them out on the ramp to cook,not unload.My Dually probably weighs 800# and we have been loading that on the open trailer i have.It was getting to be to much for this old man and my son.

I went to a website a while back for I think a Brother and they had one of those enclosed car trailers and they had installed 2 big commercial sinks, had a refregerator in there that was anchored to the floor, cabinets and a ramp on the back to roll out the smokers. Had a roof air AC unit and they had a side door that they used those heavy plastic panels like they have in the big coolers so the fork lifts can go in and out. That way they could come and go and not worry about bugs and letting out all the cool in the hot summer. The inside also doubeled as a place to sleep and they would just set up cots. You can buy those units pretty cheap and if you keep your eves open, you can sometimes hit an auction for a defunked resturant and pick up the sinks and counters pretty resonable. When the PB and I retire, that's what I'm gonna do. Pull that puppy behind the motorhome.

Congrats Mr. Smoker! Now you won't have an excuse to not cook any contest within a 200 mile area, I expect to see you at the AR next year as well!

Brother Skip (Chick N'Pig) is waying the same option you are going with. He already has the toy trailer, but has a trailer Spicewine smoker. He has to make 2 trips to get everything to a comp. I look for him to make the change next year. There might be a used trailer unit for sale soon!

Hawgsnheifers said:
I went to a website a while back for I think a Brother and they had one of those enclosed car trailers and they had installed 2 big commercial sinks, had a refregerator in there that was anchored to the floor, cabinets and a ramp on the back to roll out the smokers. Had a roof air AC unit and they had a side door that they used those heavy plastic panels like they have in the big coolers so the fork lifts can go in and out. That way they could come and go and not worry about bugs and letting out all the cool in the hot summer. The inside also doubeled as a place to sleep and they would just set up cots. You can buy those units pretty cheap and if you keep your eves open, you can sometimes hit an auction for a defunked resturant and pick up the sinks and counters pretty resonable. When the PB and I retire, that's what I'm gonna do. Pull that puppy behind the motorhome.

I think you're talking about Kevin's Trailor from HomeBBQ.Com. He's got a beautiful setup there. Big toy hauler. Sleeping/living area in the front, cooking/preping area in the back. The back gate opens from top to bottom and the smokers slide out onto it. A little Hoda whipser quiet generator and he's good to go.

Very, very nice! Just mount a commercial 3 bowl stainless steel sink and a stainless steel prep table and you are all set for competition.

That is a nice catch!!! I feel your pain man, I usually have my 3 & 5 yr old girls with us, so having the hot and cold, and a real bed, and place for kiddos to play was key. ( we cooked 15 contests this year) I bought a KZ (www.kz-rv.com) Sportster 29P 5th wheel last fall.... Toy haulers are the way to go man!!!!
Nice unit you scored. Weekend Warriors are top notch rigs.

Back