• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cyber Q wifi-what router?

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I can't find my last thread where someone talked about how they can be at work and see what pit is doing.

For those that use a router what kind do you have. Can I buy any wireless router?

Thanks

Do a search for CyberQ and you should be able to find which routers folks have had success with. I have had my CyberQ working fine with the 2Wire Home Gateway for my Uverse service and also a Linksys wireless router for competitions.

I am very technically challenged but do have a question.

I have ATT Uverse internet with a 2wire router/modem combo already.

Do I need another router or can I just use this one so I have access from work and such?

My thought is when I am doing comps I will be in Adhoc mode anyway. Just want ability to use Cyber Q when at work, running errands, ect

Hozman,

You don't need another router, IIRC. You just need to know the name and key of your router for the set-up.

FYI, for a basic home network, the 2WIRE equipment is OK. If you want something better, most of the higher end models from any of the big three will do. I use a Netgear N900, and I currently have 24 connected devices on it and it doesn't miss a beat.

Hope this helps.

I am very technically challenged but do have a question.

I have ATT Uverse internet with a 2wire router/modem combo already.

Do I need another router or can I just use this one so I have access from work and such?

My thought is when I am doing comps I will be in Adhoc mode anyway. Just want ability to use Cyber Q when at work, running errands, ect
you just need to be able to get into the router to manage it. I haven't bought a cyber q yet, but I know from my profession you will most likely need to set up port forwarding to allow internet traffic through to that cyber q. If you don't, the router will keep any incoming traffic out for security.
as far as the encryption type, you will.have to read if it can handle special characters in the password and find what encryption it can do, ie wpa2 personal w\aes, wep, etc.

Back