My Stumps has arrived

I like it! That thing will be so easy you will have time to trim up them bushes in front of the house............:wink:

Would you mind posting some pics of the internals (with or without food)?

I'm thinking of ordering the XL baby myself so this is great timing :)

Were you satisfied with the ordering / delivery process?

How easy is it to move around? I was thinking of going with the upgraded wheel package.

What kind of fuel are you using in it?

Thanks and congrats!!

Would you mind posting some pics of the internals (with or without food)?

I'm thinking of ordering the XL baby myself so this is great timing :)

Were you satisfied with the ordering / delivery process?

How easy is it to move around? I was thinking of going with the upgraded wheel package.

What kind of fuel are you using in it?

Thanks and congrats!!

Yes I was satisfied with the ordering. After you order you don't hear anything until it is time to ship. They use ups and the semi showed up with a lift gate and the driver used a pallet jack to put the crate in my drive way. I didn't get the upgraded handles so I have to push on the sides. It rolls ok when you have the casters going in the right direction, but doesn't roll over the threshold into my garage very easy. I am using Stubbs briquetts because alot Stumps owners like them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I didn't get the upgraded handles so I have to push on the sides. It rolls ok when you have the casters going in the right direction, but doesn't roll over the threshold into my garage very easy.

Good to know. Its probably too early to say whether you wished you had gotten the upgrade or not?

I noticed in the first picture that it looks like it did not come with the casters installed. If so, were they difficult to put on?

Good to know. Its probably too early to say whether you wished you had gotten the upgrade or not?

I noticed in the first picture that it looks like it did not come with the casters installed. If so, were they difficult to put on?

When the smoker showed up the freight company had put it in top of another pallet. The smoker is lagged down on the pallet, so my dad and I slide the top pallet off and I held the smoker at an angle so he could slide the bottom pallet out. I then slid one corner of and balanced it so he could bolt the caster on. It wasn't to bad, but I am big guy. I have heard of guys buying their caster elsewhere to save money. I live within 20 minutes of place that sells caster. I probably could have saved some money and got my own, maybe. If I don't like these casters, I might think about getting pneumatic ones. That will be awhile because I am saving for a guru.

Eric

Thank you for the photos, I am teetering on the edge of getting a XL Baby myself.

Nice cooker, I didnt add any upgrades, I was happy with the standard equipment, Add a controller to the smoker and you'll be real happy :thumb:

Yes I was satisfied with the ordering. After you order you don't hear anything until it is time to ship. They use ups and the semi showed up with a lift gate and the driver used a pallet jack to put the crate in my drive way. I didn't get the upgraded handles so I have to push on the sides. It rolls ok when you have the casters going in the right direction, but doesn't roll over the threshold into my garage very easy. I am using Stubbs briquetts because alot Stumps owners like them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Here is a pic of the ramp I built to get my Stumps over the garage door threshold. Works great.

DSCN3500.jpg

Back