Good Pair Of Gloves?

Qczar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got a late start drinking St Paulie Girls at 10 and Don Julio 1942 at noon. Preping the load and the now very old Bandera took longer than I thought. But I kept it in good working order. Started my cold smoking at 7, and my big load at 8.

Lost my old Q gloves in my move to PA. Was checking out the net and nothing stood out but a pair on eBay for $23. BBQ Bonanza Gloves Model BBQ-G-R-100.

Any thoughts on a good pair?

I bought a 12-dollar pair of welder's gloves at Lowe's.

CD

I use a pair of cotton insulated rubber gloves for handling hot foods from Harbor Freight.
You've got one in East Brunswick and another in Brick, NJ.
Seems like I paid less than $10 & they work great.

Got a Tractor Supply close by? I got mine for 3.00 they are green but the exact same as the $12+ black ones. For the price of a 12 pk I'll do green.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ove-Glove-Surface-Handler-Pack/dp/B001EPR98Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375646548&sr=8-1&keywords=oven+gloves"]Amazon.com: Ove' Glove Hot Surface Handler, 1 Glove (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Throw them in the washer when they get dirty!

Never updated my info. I`m in PA now. I should have mentioned I needed rubber to handle the food. I have a couple of pairs of suede welder`s gloves for grilling. I was nearby the Harbor Freight you mentioned last year where I used to live. I`ll check the Tractor Supply near me now. Just hoping to aviod the polymers from China, not to mention the quality.

If that`s possible.........................

I bought these Wells Lamont gloves off Amazon for a buddy & he said they are awesome & have the "grip texture" on the fingers. I have Raichlen gloves & although they work, are kinda hard to get off & don't have the "grippy" texture on the fingers.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wells-Lamont-167L-14-Inch-Gauntlet/dp/B000BZ8K4M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1375659842&sr=8-4&keywords=wells+lamont+gloves"]Wells Lamont 167L 14-Inch Green PVC Coated Gloves with Cotton Fleece Lining, Gauntlet Cuff, Large - Amazon.com[/ame]

For the pit (metal parts, wood, ect) I also use the welders gloves from Lowes.

For handing the hot food I use the Insulated Neoprene gloves from big poppa smokers. They make fast work of emptying a fully loaded smoker. Big Poppa is also a Brethren here.

I got tired of the big food gloves getting wet inside. Even on glove dryers they wouldn't dry out enough, eventually smelling musty.

Now I use knit cotton hot gloves under my food gloves. BPS sells them and I highly recommend them to everyone. They work perfectly under the LifeGuard brand food gloves BPS sells.

I got tired of the big food gloves getting wet inside. Even on glove dryers they wouldn't dry out enough, eventually smelling musty.
I slide mine down over a couple of "coke" bottles and let them dry overnight. Never had the musty smell problem.

Great, I shouldn't have said it. My gloves are probably mustying up right now.

+1 on welders gloves for everything but food, I got a bundle for $2 a pair...great deal. for the food I just started using these together and so far like the set up.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9R67QS/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Liberty K4517 Kevlar Economy Weight Seamless Knit Glove with Elastic String Knit Wrist, Large, Natural White (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UFLQ60/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Dynarex Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, Heavy-Duty, Powder Free, Large, Box/100: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Thanks man - just ordered a pair!

Hey BecknCO, it would be interesting to hear what you think after you've used them. I believe Texas BBQ Rub originally carried the Black Knight glove, but heard it said that they switched some time back to another glove (but may have switched back to Black Knight).

I have a pair of welding gloves that I use for handling hot bits of the smoker and a pair of electrical work gloves (thick silicone) that I use for moving meat around in the cooker. The former purchased at a welding supply store, the latter "liberated" from the workbench of a guy at work who got sacked for smoking weed on the job.

Go to Restaurant Depot and pick up a pair of their lined neoprene dishwashing gloves. That's what I've been using for years and they work great.

I have used these for years, and they have held up really well. Just don't cut the thumb tip off with your knife like I did, lol. I bought the first sets at Target but they don't seem to have them anymore. They will take heat well enough that I can lift 4 briskets off the smoker and put in a pan, but they will let heat in if you hold them too long. I bought a pair of the heavy black gloves from Big Brother Smoke for extreme use, but mostly use these.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Clorox-Ultimate-Choice-Latex-Gloves/dp/B001A3YEWQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1375708174&sr=8-6&keywords=clorox+gloves"]Amazon.com: Clorox Ultimate Choice Blue Latex Free Gloves, Size Large/Extra Large (Pack of 6): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

I recently ordered some of these but haven't used them yet. Even bought some pink ones for the wife.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BCCXZ0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: True Blues Extra Large Green Ultimate Household Gloves: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I got a pair of the gloves with Raichlen's name on them for Christmas last year. They are fine for handling parts on the grill and even moving meat around. But for anything more delicate, like pulling meat off a chicken, they don't work. Too slippery and fingers are too fat. So I think I'll try something like those Clorox gloves.

I got a pair of the gloves with Raichlen's name on them for Christmas last year. They are fine for handling parts on the grill and even moving meat around. But for anything more delicate, like pulling meat off a chicken, they don't work. Too slippery and fingers are too fat. So I think I'll try something like those Clorox gloves.
I had a pair of Raichlen gloves myself and disliked them for the same reasons.

Back