THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmy Mac

Take a breath!
Tossing these around and was wondering, what's a good prices on these cookers? I know there has been a lot of talk about these cookers. Sorry for another post about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Called my local dealer yesterday. He sales both plus the Primo.

The KJ Big Joe was ~$1200. Includes the rolling stand and bamboo wings, ash tool, cover and some other goodies. Red or Black and its assembled already.

The XL BGE by itself was ~$1,000.

The Primo Oval XL by itself was ~$1,200.

I'm going by there on Thursday to look at all three. I've ruled out the Primo and really starting to like the Big Joe more and more.

I have the XL BGE, and I have looked at the Big Joe. Looks to me like KJ did a great job improving upon the BGE. I like a lot of features of the KJ over mine, and would probably trade even up if anyone offered. BGE has a cult like following and you can go to events to learn etc. I think either is a good choice, I like the stainless, and the bigger ring on the KJ. I think their gasket is a quarter inch wider than the one on the BGE.

JMSetzler got a really good deal on his KJ (either classic or Big Joe, can't remember) end of season- 200$ off IIRC.

A lot of ppl like the green BGE's and red KJ's, but I think the black is the slickest color. And I agree on the stainless look being the better of the two as far as looks.

From looking at the pics though, the xl looks bigger and might take a tiny bit more time/fuel to bring it up to temp (this might not be true- I have no experience as of yet with kamados).

Last edited:
Thanks! I like them both. I can get the big Joe for around 1100 plus tax. The XL was around 1310. I do like the fire box on the big Joe better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back