Not Q, and not bad for a northern girl....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have started doing a little more baking, and decided to make some biscuits this morning...
I used this recipe -
http://oldfashionedliving.com/biscuits.html
Baking Powder Biscuits
(from a 1933 Recipe)

Ingredients:

2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tablespoons butter or shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
about 3/4 cup milk

Sift Flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again. Cut in shortening or butter. (this is where I use my hands by rubbing the butter into the flour). Add milk gradually, stirring until soft dough is formed. Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly "knead" for 30 seconds, enough to shape. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter. Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits. You can also make tiny tea biscuits that are only 1 1/2 inches wide with a small cutter or glass bottom. These are great served with tea, jam or honey. Makes 24.

FB88B714-CA2A-4595-B26F-D4D0479C5C57-17527-0000113B07FCA599.jpg

Add a little butter and jelly...

DDEDDC32-B775-4150-B671-AA2A93484F4D-17527-0000113B23B0A79E.jpg

Man does not live by meat along. (and blackberry jam is my favorite. :wink: )

Looks great!

Those look good, and that's coming from a southerner who grew up on and eats homemade biscuits almost daily!

Thanks Guys - I am sure Big Al wished there was sausage gravy on his biscuits too...

My only constructive suggestion if you want them fluffier is to cut out that "kneading" part for sure-the less you handle biscuit dough, the better. No kneading at all.

Those look good, and that's coming from a southerner who grew up on and eats homemade biscuits almost daily!

My only constructive suggestion if you want them fluffier is to cut out that "kneading" part for sure-the less you handle biscuit dough, the better. No kneading at all.

I agree 100 %, You will get a much better biscuit.

I'll Be Dawggoneit A yankee Gal that can make some fine biscuits! I never... Next thing ya Know she'll digign her own worms and buyin a Bass Boat :p

Very nice! :clap2:

Ham is another good thing to put on biscuits btw. :thumb:

I'll Be Dawggoneit A yankee Gal that can make some fine biscuits! I never... Next thing ya Know she'll digign her own worms and buyin a Bass Boat :p

Don't go betting on that - I don't eat anything that lives in the water....

Very nice! :clap2:

Ham is another good thing to put on biscuits btw. :thumb:

I agree - and if I had some it's be on that biscuit... kind of like this from a couple a years ago... that biscuit was not home made...
DSC_0060.jpg

Back