Vacuum Food Sealers

Sunra

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying one but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. What do you guys use?

Any suggestions?

That I can do. I'll read up on it. No issues using it?

Nope. Except when one time I put too much bag into it and it didn't seal completely but that was my bad.

I also use a food saver - got a good deal on one at Costco - was just over $100 and came with extra rolls and everything plus it was stainless steel.... Works great so far..... Not sure the model but it was a year ago so Costco probably has even newer models...

I bought mine used on ebay for $20 and it is great. Was an older model, but for the price you can't beat it. If you don't mine used I would say check there.

Foodsaver here also. You can go on thier website and sign-up. They have deals pretty often. :cool:

Foodsaver. I got one for Christmas from my BIL. LOVE that thing. No issues with it in more than a year. Knowing what I know now.....I'd still invest in one.

I use the rolls instead of the bags. They're cheaper and I can cut them to whatever size I want. I think a 2-pack of 11" rolls is like $20?

You will NOT be displeased. The Foodsaver brand is proven. Some models have a lot of bells and whistles, but the basic model does the trick. I have the V2060 model and it's not failed me yet!

I use the rolls instead of the bags. They're cheaper and I can cut them to whatever size I want. I think a 2-pack of 11" rolls is like $20?

QUOTE]

At sams or costco they have a box that has 4 rolls and some premade bags as well for 39.

and the one that i post earlier is my second one. My first one i got for christmas 8 years ago and last 7 years. It was the very low end basic model. I abused the thing. I would do 40 to 80 pounds of meat at a time. at least 2 to 3 times a month plus everything else i did. It lasted. I was really happy with it. that was why i went and got another.

I also use a Foodsaver. I'm on my third one in about 12 years. But, I find them at places like Tuesday Morning or Overstocks.com, so I'm not paying much for them. I think I paid 30 or 40 bucks for my current one.

I would love to have one of those pro sealers like I have seen on Iron Chef America. But, I haven't even looked to see what they cost -- I know it will be too much for me to justify.

CD

Foodsaver here also, I use my all the time and buy rolls of bag from some dude on Ebay, found him here.

Foodsaver here also. You can go on thier website and sign-up. They have deals pretty often. :cool:

Yep. They ran a special on rolls/bags and marinator boxes a few weeks ago that was over 45% off. Plus, the V2222 starter kit was another special at 29.95 when I got mine.

Cool lot of great responses I will look further into it when I have access to a computer.

Sent from my MikFroYo Evo using Tapatalk

Food Saver V3485 here but this model broke the second time i used the accessory attachment and had to get a replacement. It has been working fine since for the last year. Read the reviews before you pick.

Back