View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill
Default By a Brethren FOR Brethren: St.Louis Cut Ribs, Chicken Wings and some things called Veggies!

G'Day Bruces'!

Owyagoin'? Orright???

Farken Gud... Let's get this show on the road!

Firstly, I would not have been able to participate in this TD if it was not for the generosity of Rob.. AKA Smokejumper, who brought me a whole stack of goodies when he came to Australia recently and managed to barely survive funnel web attacks, snakes of all descriptions... Red Bellied Black Snakes, Death Adders, King Browns, Tiger's, Taipans and such..... sneaky mosquitoes bearing Dengy fever, lime disease, Ross River fever and such....man eating sharks, crocodiles, vicious tail balancing boxing kangaroos and ..... wait for it... Drop Bears, Syphlitic Koalas, Stone fish, box jelly fish and those pesky little blue ringed octopus that only turn blue after they've bitten you and killed you...

My life is constantly under threat here, so I hope I get this thread finished before I get torpedoed by a stray farkin Wombat.....

But I digress....

Brethren, Thanks to SmokeJumper anyway....

First... The Ribs:

This is a good price... you'd call it bloody expensive...

My second thank you goes to Mister Bob, for his super tutorial on preparing St. Louis Cut Ribs....

This left me with my spares and trimming that I will use for some other delicious dishes another time...

Enter... Steph's Simply Marvellous Spicy Apple Rub... the genie sure is out of this bottle!

Then onto the offset

About an hour in.. @250F cooking with lump and Peach wood

A few other shots over time...

While that was going on, I broke out some Chicken Wings which I liberally dusted with SImply Marvellous Spicy Pecan...

And then prepped some Zucchini and Corn with Todds Dirt...

Back to the ribs.....

Foil, and a dash of Apple Juice to steam up nicely for an hour... or so...

And then on with the wings... I need a bigger COS!

Then out of the foil... a bit of a bend test...

And on to the glaze....with Tom's Big Butz No Butz sauce!

All together now...

Bendy Bendy!

From here, I tooki the ribs off to rest for a while as I finished the veggies and the chicken wings...

The ribs... rested

The first cut...

Looking great... but considering how much smoke went into these with the peach... not a huge smoke ring... Never mind, they still tasted great!

Thanks Todd! These veggies look great and taste great too!

Thanks Steph! Awesome Chicken Wings!

All together Now!

And plated!

A bite... YUM!

And the CHicken... Yum!

Thanks for looking:

Rollcall:

SmokeJumper: Supply
Todd: Todds Dirt
Steph: Simply Marvellous Spicy Apple and Pecan Rubs
Tom: Big Butz No Butz BBQ Sauce
Mister Bob: St.Louis Cut Tutorial
Smokin' Aussie... BBQ Cook and Presenter....

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->