Lowell, MI Pauly's Throwdown - cancelled

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got this email today. Too bad, was a nice event....We met a number of Michigan brethren there over the last two years. I'd heard some rumors a while back that this might happen.

It is with great sadness that we are removing Lowell Riverwalk Brew BQ Throwdown from the BBQ ring. While it was fun, it was an event that took an incredible toll on our volunteers and wasn't feasible for our budget. We were very happy to have had the chance to get to know some of you and we hope that you enjoyed your time in Lowell.

Thank you for your enthusiasm to this wonderful sport, it takes true sportsmanship and dedication to promote and be part of America's Favorite Cuisine!

Happy Barbecuing & Judging from the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce and Riverwalk Festival Committee!

Ya, bummer they can't get it together. Hope to see you & Shot lady elsewhere this year! :thumb:

Well, we should be at Kingsford, and possibly the one near GR...is it Silver Lake?
Depends how the finances go, we might also try Brooklyn and or the one in Auburn Hills

Dann there is also the Grand Rapids contest the 3rd week of July. It is also a cheap entry contest. I think it's $100 or maybe $150 for entry?

It is sad to see Lowell cancelled, I know some people didn't like the awards that were handed out last year but the facilities were top notch with 24hr clean bathrooms and showers and you got paid on site.

Like Scottie said GR is in July and it is only about 15 minutes from where the Lowell comp was held.

Silver lake is about an hour North of GR and that is early Sept and Sparta is only 15 minutes North of GR and that is the week after or so from Silver Lake.

That's too bad, we liked Lowell. Missd it last year but was planning to do it this year...

Bummer, and the event facilities were top noch

Back