Contest Results Iowa State BBQ Championship,

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody posted the winners yet!
Lets give the boys (and Gals) their due...

Grand Champion: Swine Assassins
Reserve Champion: Wicked Pig

Overall:
1 Swine Assassins
2 Wicked Pig
3 Meadow Valley BBQ
4 TippyCanoe BBQ Crew
5 We Like Big Butts BBQ
6 Smokehouse 72
7 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
8 2 Fat Bikers BBQ
9 Buster Dog BBQ
10 Spanky and the Meat Mafi
11 Big T'z Q Cru
12 Pair O'Dachs BBQ & Brews
13 Grills Gone Wild
14 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
15 Boondoggle BBQ
16 4 Legs Up BBQ
17 Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
18 Beach Bum's BBQ
19 S & S BBQ
20 T.A. Que
21 Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
22 Ribs 4 U
23 Pig Newton
24 Lucky Q's
25 Pork Patrol BBQ
26 Holy and Oly's BBQ
27 Bubba-Q's
28 Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
29 Brushfire BBQ
30 Brew-B-Q
31 Smoking Addiction BBQ
32 Bada Boom BBQ
33 Big Wigs BBQ
34 Templeton Rye Woodfellas
35 Pork County Barbeque
36 Ponderosa / Hawgeyes
37 Just Hav'n Fun
38 Smokin' Bonz BBQ
39 Porchy's BBQ
40 The Bones Brothers Anoka
41 If You've Got Em Smoke E
42 Can't Quit Smokin
43 E & D's BBQ
44 Bartlett Bonehead BBQ
45 Spitfire
46 Dirty Pig BBQ
47 Dry 2 da Bone
48 Smokin Big Dawgs
49 Smoked & Confused BBQ
50 Red Bandana BBQ
51 Half Baked BBQ Crew
52 Andy's BBQ
53 Big Mike's BBQ
54 Smokin In-Laws
55 Rub-n-Racks BBQ
56 Iowa State Grill Team
57 Big G's Log Cabin BBQ
58 Smokers on Wheels
59 Walking Eagles Barbeque
60 Team EMS
61 Sweet Revenge
62 Tex's Style
63 Bare Foot'n BBQ

A good showing of Brethren teams and a few newish names as well.

Smokehouse boys finally shook off the winters dust.
Boon Doggies, Buster Dog, Smokehouse 72, TippyCanoe, all took multiple walks.
BigTz Ryan's head must have been elsewhere, out of the top ten (11)

Glad to see everbody, thanks to the IBS for the pizza and beer!!
Carry on.
Ed

Congrats boys!! It was a really fun weekend even if I tanked it.

Oh, Ron & Parsley Lady thanks for the refreshing margarita!! Definitely hit the spot.

Congrats to all that walked!!!! We didn't do to bad considering hour and a half late start getting meat on cooker, damn rain :mad:

Congrats to all who heard their name called!

What a weekend! Hot and humid and buggy on Friday, storms overnight, hotter and humider on Saturday! But we still had a good time! We passed out margaritas on Friday before the storms hit and caught up with old friends and met some new ones!

I don't know what was up with our food. In every category we had four judges that loved our food, and two that really hated it. It was very strange.

To top it off, when we got home we found out that our daughter had left the refrigerator door open! It had been open for at least three hours and everything was at around 60 degrees so we've decided to throw it all away and start over. On the positive side, we bought a new refrigerator in mid May and cleaned out a lot of stuff then, so there isn't a whole lot in there.

I cooked my fisrt contest in Iowa at Marshalltown this past week end. I finished 44 out the 66 teams. All the Teams I met were really nice and the location was great. This was like cooking at Shannon Il with the quality of teams. I got my butt kicked. Congrats to all that got calls. Maybe next time I will cook better. I now know, first hand, that Iowa knows its BBQ.

Great job to all.

I cooked my fisrt contest in Iowa at Marshalltown this past week end. I finished 44 out the 66 teams. All the Teams I met were really nice and the location was great. This was like cooking at Shannon Il with the quality of teams. I got my butt kicked. Congrats to all that got calls. Maybe next time I will cook better. I now know, first hand, that Iowa knows its BBQ.

Great job to all.

I had intended to look you up as well as some other teams I haven't chatted with yet (Joe @TippyCanoe,Spanky,Pair o'Dachs, et el) some weren't home some I never saw.
Oh well, Meat you all next time.
Ed

It was a great time. We got to set up next to Pat and Christy and we had a good ole time in the rain.
The walks the next day was icing on the cake. I am still pumped! It was great to get the pork tuned in some more before we head to Shannon.
Wish I would have made it around and met a few new brothers.:redface: Next time I hope.

Really wish we had more time to get around. Between not getting up there till mid afternoon, kids que, the storm, etc it was one thing after another. Not been to a contest for a while that seemed like so many different teams got a call. Makes it a lot more exciting at the end.

Congrats to all who heard their name called!

What a weekend! Hot and humid and buggy on Friday, storms overnight, hotter and humider on Saturday! But we still had a good time! We passed out margaritas on Friday before the storms hit and caught up with old friends and met some new ones!

I don't know what was up with our food. In every category we had four judges that loved our food, and two that really hated it. It was very strange.

To top it off, when we got home we found out that our daughter had left the refrigerator door open! It had been open for at least three hours and everything was at around 60 degrees so we've decided to throw it all away and start over. On the positive side, we bought a new refrigerator in mid May and cleaned out a lot of stuff then, so there isn't a whole lot in there.

Thanks for the margs, Ron and the coffee. Our brisket and chicken had similiar judging pretty good on 4 judges and the other 2 hated it. Welcome to Iowa BBQ.

nice to see everyone again and thanks for the drink Ron! congrats to all who heard their name!

We had a great time at Marshalltown as well. I wish we would have taken more time to chat with fellow Brethren. We were very happy to get a 3rd place call on ribs.

I had intended to look you up as well as some other teams I haven't chatted with yet (Joe @TippyCanoe,Spanky,Pair o'Dachs, et el) some weren't home some I never saw.
Oh well, Meat you all next time.
Ed

Well I wasn't on your list, but sorry I didn't get a chance to meat you. Maybe next time

Well I wasn't on your list, but sorry I didn't get a chance to meat you. Maybe next time

yeah your were on the list...et el.
I think that's Greek for .."and others"
Ed

Congrats to all and hope to see you at Mason City. That is my next comp. Be sure to stop bye and have a beer.:thumb:

Speaking of coffee, I didn't make it back over to Ron's to buy some. I thought about it about 1/2 way home.

Great times - hope to see everyone in Mason City.

Im going to vent! normally im like a duck water rolls off my back but hit the floor looking at my cover sheet every f***ing year for some reason the judging is suspect i didnt even walk up to the awards it seems the marshalltown judges are the same crowd looking for something. there is no way i had 50+ ribs and pork no effen way i have no problem telling you if i effed up but i did not each year i look at my scores from this contest and shake my head. I took one look at the cover sheet and knew same ole marshalltown so im stating here today that the Iowa state bbq championship will never and i mean never see my ass again at this contest i dont care if it went up to a 100,000 dollar contest you wont see big moe there take care brethern.

Im going to vent! normally im like a duck water rolls off my back but hit the floor looking at my cover sheet every f***ing year for some reason the judging is suspect i didnt even walk up to the awards it seems the marshalltown judges are the same crowd looking for something. there is no way i had 50+ ribs and pork no effen way i have no problem telling you if i effed up but i did not each year i look at my scores from this contest and shake my head. I took one look at the cover sheet and knew same ole marshalltown so im stating here today that the Iowa state bbq championship will never and i mean never see my ass again at this contest i dont care if it went up to a 100,000 dollar contest you wont see big moe there take care brethern.

How am I gonna finally get one of your cheese steak sammies, Moe?????? I snoozed so I loose, I guess. But the contest won't be the same without you!

Sorry to hear that Moe. Your right, there is no way you tanked that bad. You make some good chit!:thumb:.
You sound like us leaving Valley Junction this year, I guess we all have a contest that is our nemeses.

I know they said something that all but one was a cbj or something. I looked back and this was the first time in the last 3+ years that the reps have changed. That may have had something to do with the scoring.

Back