Smoker out of old gas grill

dadsr4

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted an old gas grill into a smoker? I have been looking at an old Kenmore gasser setting around and have more time than money to put into a dedicated smoker.
Also, I ran across this in my Googling-
"How to build a smoker with steel propane bottles" at
http://www.compuvices.com/smoker.shtml
for those with bigger needs.

most gassers have huge holes/vents for air flow due to the gas. these would have to be plugged and then some vents installed on the top. i have a old gasser that i need to make into something else also. it served me well and hate to get rid of it.

An old gasser with some stout sheet steel in place of a grate makes a great Dutch Oven table.

Chris

He has some great plans, and great build photos, Depending on the skill set and tools you have you can convert all most anything into a smoker, If it is a steel gasser and not a die cast/alum casting. You can do it, with out photos of the gasser it is harder to say what you would need to do.

If you you decide to do it photo will help :becky:
:thumb:

An old gasser with some stout sheet steel in place of a grate makes a great Dutch Oven table.

Chris

Yes it does. And if it's got a side burner, instant charcoal chimney lighter too!

It's a die cast/alum casting. I was interested in a COS sort of thing, wondered if anyone had tried it. Guess it goes to the curb. Thank you all.

Dadsr..................................;}-

Get a Barrel and do a UDS. If you need a source for one , I got a DUDE here in Toledo that has a bunch. ten dollars each. pm me and I can give you a number.There is a catch, you gotta invite me to the initial cook:idea:.
Have fun and,

Back