Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce (pron added)

No probs, just wondering was all. Thanks for all that you did share though!:cool:

The base recipe
804473825_8h7F5-X3.jpg

If anyone needs help understanding it, Please let me know ok?

Here's the recipe for my Tomato sauce base.

Ingredients
1.Great Value tomato paste
2.Garlic Powder 2 table spoons
3.Dill weed 2 table spoons
4.2 cans of water ( the great value can will work nicely )
5.2 table spoons of Italian seasoning.
6.2 table spoons of freshly ground black pepper

Directions
1.Make the sauce with the water
2.Add the dry ingredients ( taste often & change to suit your needs )
3.Add what ever you need to add it too...

Fin

I can share the base recipe but that's about it, Just because I want to wowo my friends and family this summer with it.

Dude none of your friends or family would ever show there face here.... give it up, Now!:-D

In used to make something like this but with the dr pepper syrup instead of the soda water mix

Dude none of your friends or family would ever show there face here.... give it up, Now!:-D

In used to make something like this but with the dr pepper syrup instead of the soda water mix
I did barbefunkoramaque, look threw the thread, and you used a syrup?

I just used straight soda pop from the 2 liter...

Thanks for the recipe. It's simmering right now. I was inspired by your pepper pot but my wife is too wimpy for habaneros, so I switched it to an Anaheim.

No problem. But this is my old and not very tasty recipe ( search my thread for the other one )

I used your recipe more as an inspiration. I decided to cut everything back, since it seemed like it would make quite a bit of sauce. I did keep track of what I did though. It tastes good but it has the consistency of apple sauce. I guess I need to strain it or blend it some more, maybe.

Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce

1 Cups Dr. Pepper
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 diced onion - (Used 1/2 red onion & 1/2 white onion)
2 carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 anaheim pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2-1 cup of honey
2 tsp salt
2 tbs canola oil
2 tbs of bbq rub
2 tbs of oregano
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes

In pot reduce Dr. Pepper & Worcestershire to about 1/2 consistency.

In another sauce pot heat oil and add onions and salt. Let them cook down then add garlic.

Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Mince the pepper and carrots in a food processor. Add to onions.

Add vinegar, sugar, spices and fire roasted tomatoes w/ liquid. Let this simmer for 1 hour.

Blend the vegetable mixture with the dr. pepper mixture and put back in sauce pan. Add honey and let simmer for 2-3 hours.

Makes 2 mason jars of sauce.

I used your recipe more as an inspiration. I decided to cut everything back, since it seemed like it would make quite a bit of sauce. I did keep track of what I did though. It tastes good but it has the consistency of apple sauce. I guess I need to strain it or blend it some more, maybe.

Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce

1 Cups Dr. Pepper
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 diced onion - (Used 1/2 red onion & 1/2 white onion)
2 carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 anaheim pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2-1 cup of honey
2 tsp salt
2 tbs canola oil
2 tbs of bbq rub
2 tbs of oregano
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes

In pot reduce Dr. Pepper & Worcestershire to about 1/2 consistency.

In another sauce pot heat oil and add onions and salt. Let them cook down then add garlic.

Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Mince the pepper and carrots in a food processor. Add to onions.

Add vinegar, sugar, spices and fire roasted tomatoes w/ liquid. Let this simmer for 1 hour.

Blend the vegetable mixture with the dr. pepper mixture and put back in sauce pan. Add honey and let simmer for 2-3 hours.

Makes 2 mason jars of sauce.
Good deal Jason.

But my other one is thicker, like I said this was a base recipe that it took me a year to delolop.

Yea, I was wishing I had one of those last night. I just used a regular blender. I might throw it back in the blender tonight to see if I can liquefy it a little better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/thirdeye2/The%20Cooks%20Kitchen/img_0074aL-1.jpg[IMG]

I grew up drinking Dr Pepper, and the Dublin is noticeablly different. And on the same track, the Mexican Coca-Cola is still made with cane sugar. It's showing up as far north as Denver. Some of my whiskey drinking pals swear Crown and Mexi Coke is the best.[/QUOTE]

We have MexiCoke here in Wisconsin. As far north as Wautoma. Ofcourse you cant swing at a pinata in Chicago with out hitting a place that has it.
It is so much lighter and refreshing than the corn syrup junk.

Derek, maybe you should ask the mods to put a link to the new recipe in the opening post along with a blurb that this is the old recipe, just to avoid any confusion.

Derek, maybe you should ask the mods to put a link to the new recipe in the opening post along with a blurb that this is the old recipe, just to avoid any confusion.
Thank you bro, That's a good idea. and Done.

If you get near Wyoming you can pick up "Heritage Dr Pepper" Made with beet sugar. Tastes much better and makes a great sauce.

Back