$109 Pit Boss 5-Series Vertical Pellet Smoker

Getting it out of that box was a mother $%@&!!

I cut the box at the corners and used it to lay the unit down on to assemble it. Worked like a charm and not scratches not to mention it's easier to fold up the cardboard to get rid of it.

I don't get why it's not 99% assembled already packed in a bigger box considering the common complaint is the door is bent from moving it around.

I'm waiting until this weekend before I open mine. The smoker cover I ordered should arrive by then.

Went ahead and grabbed a BHC. One store showed limited stock for $20, but they were out. Picked it up at another for $45. Still hoping the Pit Boss will drop so I can do the switcheroo and get $250 back.

I'm wondering how many employees were waiting to grab these after their shift ended only to have us swoop in and beat them to it? They seemed upset and surprised that i knew they were on clearance.

Also, it's getting like pokemon around here... gotta catch 'em all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a disease. $45.00 each.
hsq0xQH.jpg

How much do you think I can put the on craigslist for, I am sure I will keep one just because.

Kind of crazy. Smittys thread on best cookers under 500$ if your timing is right you can obtain an offset, a vertical pellet and a barrel for around 200.

Three cookers 200$

Only if you leave it baked on. The smoke stain will happen but you just need to wipe it down after every smoke. If you wait, it will set in. My gasser has a stain that I can’t remove now.

Razor scraper should take care of that if it's just baked in.

Kind of crazy. Smittys thread on best cookers under 500$ if your timing is right you can obtain an offset, a vertical pellet and a barrel for around 200.

Three cookers 200$

A lot of places have the Vision Kamado for $169 and the Char Griller Premium Kettle for $75. Doing my best to not buy, the force is strong though.

I cut the box at the corners and used it to lay the unit down on to assemble it. Worked like a charm and not scratches not to mention it's easier to fold up the cardboard to get rid of it.

I don't get why it's not 99% assembled already packed in a bigger box considering the common complaint is the door is bent from moving it around.

That's about the same as what I ended up doing, except I already folded up the box but haven't assembled yet.

A lot of places have the Vision Kamado for $169 and the Char Griller Premium Kettle for $75. Doing my best to not buy, the force is strong though.

Vision is solid. My son has one.

Last edited:

Man, where have you seen the Kamado for that cheap? I'm tempted to grab one of the PitBoss Pellets and a BHC, but I don't really need them. The Vision I would love as I've really been wanting a Kamado.

Man, where have you seen the Kamado for that cheap? I'm tempted to grab one of the PitBoss Pellets and a BHC, but I don't really need them. The Vision I would love as I've really been wanting a Kamado.

Wal-Mart, do a search, on brickseek.com. It says as low as $100, but the closest one to me is $169, which is like stealing.

169 limited stock 79015

that barrel house for $40 tho....we may get a hands on review after all.

been checking, nothing in the mitten on the bhc or the series 5

Wal-Mart, do a search, on brickseek.com. It says as low as $100, but the closest one to me is $169, which is like stealing.
10 different vision kamados come up. Which one did you choose?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back