I'm adding ABC Service

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After doing a lot of research and thinking about it I have decided to add the ABC Service to our catering business. The additional insurance will run me $500 per year and in my state they offer a "Caterers Limited Mixed Beverage" License for $500 which allows me to do up to 12 events a year. I can get the unlimited license for $1850 if all goes well. It just so happens that one of my staff is already a certified bartender and I have another friend who is as well.

I mainly want it for weddings, it seems we are getting a lot more calls these days for weddings but have been loosing the gigs because they want a caterer who can do the ABC. Also many venues will not let the people bring alcohol on the premises without a abc licensed caterer. I have already booked my first wedding with the service which is a 4 hour open beer & wine bar and it raised my gross profit of the event by 40-45% I'll keep ya posted on the good and the bad of it all this year. Wish me luck....

That is the way to go, adult beverage is a great thing to be able to offer. Especially in the wedding/anniversary market.

Back