The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

I could not take it anymore, I ordered the 2 Star General. I am joining the club. Now the wait for delivery begins. I bought the 2 star because by the time I ordered the flame zone it would be about the same money. I gotta say the add ons are nuts! I mean you can turn this grill into $5 grand easily. I will look at some of the additional adds on later, I am still trying come out of shock of paying $3K for a BBQ grill. I gotta admit that Baby Back Maniac and TROY Cooks pretty much sold me. They did that Brisket cook together on the 2 Star and it turned out incredible. You are not getting that Brisket on my Camp Chef.
If you ever want to buy a Porsche which is already expensive wait until you get to the options. :shocked:

Congrats you just bought the Porsche of pellet grills. :thumb:

Should have done it this weekend though BPS had a $200 discount on 2 Stars.

Rib Rub you are going to love the 2 star. When I got the 2 star a month ago, I figured "buy once and cry once". But after you use it you will be happy you spent the money on it. My Primo has not been used since I got the MAK.

I could not take it anymore, I ordered the 2 Star General. I am joining the club. Now the wait for delivery begins. I bought the 2 star because by the time I ordered the flame zone it would be about the same money. I gotta say the add ons are nuts! I mean you can turn this grill into $5 grand easily. I will look at some of the additional adds on later, I am still trying come out of shock of paying $3K for a BBQ grill. I gotta admit that Baby Back Maniac and TROY Cooks pretty much sold me. They did that Brisket cook together on the 2 Star and it turned out incredible. You are not getting that Brisket on my Camp Chef.

Mate, you're gonna love it! Shipment is great and assembly is excellent, even down to an included set of allen wrenches.

So start thinkin about what brand and type of pellets you want to buy, either locally or from Amazon. Get them ordered so you're ready when it pitches up, and start thinkin about your inaugural cook.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats sweet rig for sure!

Mate, you're gonna love it! Shipment is great and assembly is excellent, even down to an included set of allen wrenches.

So start thinkin about what brand and type of pellets you want to buy, either locally or from Amazon. Get them ordered so you're ready when it pitches up, and start thinkin about your inaugural cook.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thank you!!! It does come with some. I bought a package. However I am probably going to order in bulk and get the lumberjack pellets.

If you ever want to buy a Porsche which is already expensive wait until you get to the options. :shocked:

Congrats you just bought the Porsche of pellet grills. :thumb:

Should have done it this weekend though BPS had a $200 discount on 2 Stars.
Haha, I would not fit in a Porsche. I want a Mustang GT350 and was close to getting one as there are two at the dealer, but it is snug! I am a pretty big guy. I am in shape, just tall and husky.

Curious what pellets are you using? I have been using the B&B Pellets from Walmart and have been pretty good. Really my only option at the moment as I have Traeger or B&B which are the most regularly available. I have seen some online bulk pellets with Lumberjack pellets. Works out to $20 a bag which is not bad for good pellets.

wow I feel badevn being on this post...... on fixed income and using a pitboss 700 but I love that damn thing its treats me well and it makes a kick ass brisket if I just learn to stop peaking a look cant complain and 375 price tag

wow I feel badevn being on this post...... on fixed income and using a pitboss 700 but I love that damn thing its treats me well and it makes a kick ass brisket if I just learn to stop peaking a look can’t complain and 375 price tag
This is a “All Things Pellet Cooking Thread” Be sure to stop in and share your Pellet cooking talk. Don’t feel left out. There is no bias on any grill and you’re grill will put out great food. I have been using a Camp Chef for quite some time and I am moving up to a MAK for something new because of great feed back on the grill. Part of this thread being created was pellet talk to find the best grills on any budget and the same with which brands of pellets are best and so on. Good to keep it all in one spot for easy research and feedback.

Thank you!!! It does come with some. I bought a package. However I am probably going to order in bulk and get the lumberjack pellets.

Haha, I would not fit in a Porsche. I want a Mustang GT350 and was close to getting one as there are two at the dealer, but it is snug! I am a pretty big guy. I am in shape, just tall and husky.

Curious what pellets are you using? I have been using the B&B Pellets from Walmart and have been pretty good. Really my only option at the moment as I have Traeger or B&B which are the most regularly available. I have seen some online bulk pellets with Lumberjack pellets. Works out to $20 a bag which is not bad for good pellets.
In my opinion the 100% Hickory lumberjack pellets gives a lot better smoke profile over the b&b. What size bag is that for $20? I pay $8.99 for 20 lb bags of lumberjack locally.

I get lumberjack delivered free from dicks sporting goods for $15/20lb bag; if going bulk you should be able to get under $10/20lb bag. I like lumberjack and bbqr’s delight better than everything else I’ve tried. LJ >BbQ DL.

I get lumberjack delivered free from dicks sporting goods for $15/20lb bag; if going bulk you should be able to get under $10/20lb bag. I like lumberjack and bbqr’s delight better than everything else I’ve tried. LJ >BbQ DL.
I have a Lumber Jack dealer in the area $11 for a 20# bag so that's what I'll be rolling with. I know a lot of people mention 100% Hickory any other flavors I should look into? Might just start a thread on Q-talk about Lumber Jack as well, it would be interesting to see what everyone likes.

I have a feeling with duties and freight most options will be cut out at this point, luckily 2 great options are avalabel locally here in Canada. Timberline and YS640, both around the same price. After reading problems with the Timberline I am leaning towards the YS640 due to fellow Brethren and what looks to be amazing build quality.

I have a Lumber Jack dealer in the area $11 for a 20# bag so that's what I'll be rolling with. I know a lot of people mention 100% Hickory any other flavors I should look into? Might just start a thread on Q-talk about Lumber Jack as well, it would be interesting to see what everyone likes.

I really like the mesquite blend. Also use cherry and apple for chicken but It is a much lighter smoke profile than the hickory and mesquite. They have 100% pecan but I haven't found it local yet. I use hickory 90% of the time in my hopper then add the flavored pellets to my amaze n tube.

I never thought about Dicks? There is one by work. There is a Bass Pro here, but it is in Atlantic City NJ, of all places??? I am sure there are pellets in that store, just very inconvenient to get there. Might make the trek into the city. Hell why I am there I will get a Baltimore Grill Pizza!!!!

B&b has a comp blend out now too that I just bought. I can’t remember the price but it was a 40# bag

B&b has a comp blend out now too that I just bought. I can’t remember the price but it was a 40# bag
I wish Wal Mart would carry flavors from B&B. All my store carries is Hickory. Wish they would carry Lumberjack pellets to boot. I am sure some stores across the country carry different products, but my local store just carries the B&B Hickory. It is in the middle of a transformation of a being a Super Center, so hopefully they will carry more items soon! Should be done by November.

Rural King carry's lumberjack,$8 something for 20lb bag ,going to pu some mesquite and cherry and Pecan and lord knows what else,they have the char pellets to but going to pass on those,pu a bag of B&B 2 years ago from some where and have been using them in my MES with good results

Back