Meat injector

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Any ideas to a good injector. The ones that I get from the market don't do so good. Needle ends up bending where it is attached. I would like to get a heavier duty one.

Thanks.

our own norcoredneck make the best one i have ever seen http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=415719&postcount=12

I modified mine and put a hose on it now so I can use 99% of liquid in sprayer. Works a lot better. If you are looking for a syringe type seem I had seen one at Bass Pro that was reasonable. The trouble I had with the syringe type is that liquid seems to get behind plunger and when I recharge it squirts out back and makes a farking mess.

In my best Dundee voice---
"...now this is an injector" :lol:

Known as a brine pump.
Pricey at about $135 or so.

But, the deal is you do not have to "inject a bit, remove, reload, and then re-stick" to pump up a roast type hunk of meat.
The needle is really strong and super thin.

Total control over the process.

Chad and I each have one, as do several of the top teams down here.

Not for everyone....but, if you are serious about injecting--it can not be beat!

TIM

Attachments

• brine pump.jpg
    brine pump.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 371
Here are my upgrades. also one is video. Excuse dirty sink, 14 year old day laborer needs kick in arse.
IMG_2717.jpg

Here are my upgrades. also one is video. Excuse dirty sink, 14 year old day laborer needs kick in arse.
IMG_2717.jpg

I remember that one from the bash. Worked real good. I also need one I can carry in my knife bag.

Pat I know you had posted a link for the needle. Can you repost it/

Thanks

I have a bunch of the Raichlen one's which I like. In addition I own one from eastman outdoors which is pretty much useless.

I've got a collection of injectors including cheapo plastics,Cajun injector,metal injectors as well as this gun style one where you can control the output per squeeze with different dial settings.. Also comes with two needles (one with 12 holes and the other with just one opening). About $40-50...

Last edited:
I've got a collection of injectors including cheapo plastics,Cajun injector,metal injectors as well as this gun style one where you can control the output per squeeze with different dial settings.. Also comes with two needles (one with 12 holes and the other with just one opening). About $40-50...

Yeah Vinny, I used one of those that was a buddies at a comp and thought it was the cat's arse!!:-D I heard that it was designed by a vet and that it's what they use to give horses shots. That may be total BS but I can tell you that the things are VERY well made. Great control over how much goes in at a time and for what ever reason not much came gushing back out when you withdrew the needle. I've had that problem with the other injectors I have.

I have had one of the green plastic cajun injector ones and it only lasted a couple of months and the thumb rest broke off.

Ive got one from Cabela's called Cajon Injector. Cats ass.

IMG_2717.jpg

Nice lookin' rig sir! When I get my UDS up and running I'll have to sort one of these. Looks like I'll be ordering the needle from the US though as meat injectors don't seem to get used much at all here:sad:
By the way Norco, that's a very nice looking Walther G22 in your album:-D

I broke the needle on my cajun injector during Thanksgiving. Also stripped the screw top so it's pretty much useless now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a collection of injectors including...this gun style one where you can control the output per squeeze with different dial settings.. Also comes with two needles (one with 12 holes and the other with just one opening). About $40-50...

This looks like a serious piece of kitchen gadgetry. I'm in. Where?

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 149
Back