Side by Side Smokers

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I set up the BSKD beside the Bandera and it's a mirror image.but the "dera' is better quality.The BSKD has some nice features like the slide out water pan.But the door latches suck,i'm not fooling with stronger springs going to weld washers on the inside like the "dera"Will have some pics. soon. Did the baffle and seasoned it today, it wiil do until i get my Spicewine Smoker :wink:

Interesting comparison.

Oh - don't forget to update your sig bock to show your new toy!

kcquer said:
I set up the BSKD beside the Bandera and it's a mirror image.but the "dera' is better quality.The BSKD has some nice features like the slide out water pan.But the door latches suck,i'm not fooling with stronger springs going to weld washers on the inside like the "dera"Will have some pics.
Frankly I'm sick of hearing what a POS the BSKD is, if the 'dera is so farking great why isn't the wonder cooker even being made any more?
BTW compared to my Cimarron, the Bandera is a piece of crap tin foil box.

The answer is the market for our type smokers is going away, limited interest, new state laws limiting smoke, extra cost MODs required to make them usable, etc. And the ever increasing profit margins in gas cookers. I asked the local Lowes guy why he doesn't stock more BSKD and his answer was we don't sell enough to make it worth wild for our revenue base. Charbroil knows this and Brinkman will sooner or later.

When you live as long as I have, it is easier to read the tea leaves. (as long as you can still see!) :?

Better hang on to them they are going to be collectors items.Maybe i'll put my Bandera/BSKD Dually on ebay :wink:

The answer is the market for our type smokers is going away,

If true that's too bad. I believe our design is superior to the horizontal form, but apparently the horizontal has bbe around for so long, people jump on those not realizing how great the other can be. I'm just hypothesizing here, but it what I shame if I'm right.

Whereas the original NB bandera is definatley better quality than both the SKD and the Charbroil Bandera, IMHO, the Chargrill version of the Bandera is prettty much equal to the SKD, and from what i saw the additional features of the smoke king, make up for its shortcomings comparing it to the Charbroil Bandera. Taking into consideration the nicer SKD features, like the grates, rib racks and slide out water pan, if i had them side by side on the sales floor, I'd probably roll out with the SKD...

Unless of course the Bandera had an NB emblem on it.

Have to Agree with mary on this one. What limited time I had the SKD I thought it was better off then the Charboil model. IMO Charboil is cheaply made. Think it is a oriental thing.

I had (before the DREA went on it’s world tour) bookend SKD and the old school DERA, I could not say one was better then the other. That is like asking which child you would save if you could only save one. Door handle’s on the SKD suck, DERA the wheels fall off. Both need the same as fare when it comes to the mod’s. I’ve cooked on both I like both.

Arlin_MacRae said:
Interesting comparison.

I've tried twice to change my sig. but it didn't work :roll: Don't what i'm doing wrong.

MrSmoker said:
Arlin_MacRae said:
Interesting comparison.

I've tried twice to change my sig. but it didn't work :roll: Don't what i'm doing wrong.

choose "profile" in the menu at the top of this page, change the signature block, Hit submit. dont work, send me a PM and I will change it for u.

Back