Porterhouse Feast (Pr0n Heavy)!

GC8

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Fair warning, I had to grab another beer to just compose this thread...so I recommend you go grab one yourself.

Onto the feast. It's the gf's last night lifeguarding and she's going to a lifeguarding party so I spent the night with my dog and a huge steak. I'm okay with that.

Enough talking, on with the pr0n:

Prior to tonight, I always made "baked" potatoes in the microwave :frusty: but never again! Here's the chosen Yukon Gold that turned me:
null-15.jpg

Coated in EVOO and a healthy dosage of salt:
null-17.jpg

Wrapped and ready for the grill:
null-18.jpg

My lovely setup. In the last couple of months, my 22.5" has gotten more use as a SJS stand than anything else:
null-19.jpg

All the essentials:
null-31.jpg

As I mentioned before, it was just me and the dog (Ralphie). If I treat myself with a huge steak, he at least gets a little something:
null-20.jpg

Cooking buddy Ralphie sitting politely waiting for his treat (ignore the horrible lawn):
null-21.jpg

Potato is on the grill:
null-23.jpg

On to the main event. A 1.37lb porterhouse:
null-26.jpg

Another view:
null-27.jpg

Seasoned with my favorite seasoning. Gotta love the creepy dog treat angel in the background:
null-28.jpg

All seasoned up and ready to go:
null-29.jpg

The tater is pretty much done:
null-33.jpg

Let's not forget about Ralphie. How's he doing? Looking good:
null-24.jpg

Caveman style:
null-35.jpg

Flipped:
null-39.jpg

Plated with potato and Caesar salad:
null-41.jpg

Glamour shots of both the Porterhouse & potato:
null-42.jpg

null-48.jpg

Rumor has it the Brethren enjoy a good money shot. Enjoy:
null-47.jpg

null-45.jpg

null-46.jpg

null-50.jpg

null-51.jpg

Damn but that is a nice piece of meat! Love it! Spud looks great too. I turned my wife onto smoked, baked potatoes. We love them. The spuds pick up a real nice smoke flavor. Think smoked potato salad (really good) or smoked mashed potatoes. I run the spuds anywhere from 275-350 depending on what else I am cooking.

• Thanks
Reactions: GC8
Damn but that is a nice piece of meat! Love it! Spud looks great too. I turned my wife onto smoked, baked potatoes. We love them. The spuds pick up a real nice smoke flavor. Think smoked potato salad (really good) or smoked mashed potatoes. I run the spuds anywhere from 275-350 depending on what else I am cooking.

I'm officially sworn off the nuke potatoes. I'm going to start trying them every which way on the grill!

Great job, looks fantastic, and Ralphie looks to be a good & happy pup!

But what is this "salad" thing you speak of?:confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: GC8
Great job, looks fantastic, and Ralphie looks to be a good & happy pup!

But what is this "salad" thing you speak of?:confused:

Salad is also known as the transportation device of cheese and creamy dressing :becky:

Great looking meal! I have yet to try caveman style. Soon though, very soon!

Great looking feast and a fine job of cooking it. Porterhouse is the steak of choice around this house.

Back