View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
Just BS
is one Smokin' Farker

Some really great replies....

Here on the left coast, it doesn't get any better. Actually, I have no doubt its much worse. I thought I was BBQ'ing ribs when I was basting them in beer in the oven and then finishing on the grill with bottled sauce. As I knew it could be better, I began to research. www.amazingribs.com was a great boost. Didn't take long to build a UDS after that. I've created some really good BBQ since then.

Yet, it is troubling to me when I hear someone talking about about Great BBQ ribs that where boiled and are falling off the bone. It's not their fault, they just don't know better. I am now on a journey to educate Californians on what the difference is between BBQ and grilling. I am starting small with family and friends, who claim they will never order ribs again in a chain restaurant. Where will it end? Will I be successful? I don't know and honestly, I don't really care. I have no illusion of saving the world...but I will continue to make real BBQ and hope that someday it will be truely great.

Good luck to you in YOUR travels!
Just BS is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->