darn flies

kackiesque

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a few ideas for getting rid of flies while vending? When we start there are none and about 2 hours later they start to show up, we have got to figure this out they are driving me crazy.

We have the same problem when chopping pork outside, but have learned to sprinkle some peppermint extract/flavoring around the area and it keeps the flies and bees away.

Some events require a fly fan on the prep table. Have you tried that? I've never done any vending tho. Just a thought.

Big fans should keep them from landing.

There's another thread about this somewhere. We usually hang a few ziplock bags with water in them. It's not 100% effective, but you will notice a difference in the amount of flies hanging around.

I have been informed that they don't like pine oil in pine cleaners. Next time I wash down the outdoor kitchen I am going to use it to clean it and see how it works.

I have done the water in zip lock bags and it didn't work very well some one told me to use bleach water that is strong so I will try that also. Thanks

They are truly a great invention. Mine's customized with a camo paint job. :p

Back