Rib vending

Why would you?

Cook big meats prior to vending, cook small stuff fresh. :thumb:

Cause not all of us have the awesomeness you do so we are not allowed to cook offsite or hold overnight. Temp licenses are different.

Now I just feel inferior. Thanks. Bubba

I do both spares and Baby Backs and sell whole or half racks. They are done hot and fast 2 hour cook foil 1 hr then into warmer at 150° Racks are stagger cook as 4 of each go on every 1 1/2 hours. Butts go on at 4 am high and hot and foiled at 165° done at 11 am Brisket 4 hrs high and hot.

And they aren't tough? I cooked some spares at 275 F for 3 hours and they weren't done at all. Takes me 4 1/2 hours at 250-275 F to get them nice and tender but not mushy.

the only wat to make money vending is to pre cook and re heat on site. I reheat everything on the cooker and thats it. Cut to order. Pricing here is 3 bones 7, 1/2 rack 13 and full rack 23-24. No other way to make MONEY

the only wat to make money vending is to pre cook and re heat on site. I reheat everything on the cooker and thats it. Cut to order. Pricing here is 3 bones 7, 1/2 rack 13 and full rack 23-24. No other way to make MONEY

That's all I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

Cause not all of us have the awesomeness you do so we are not allowed to cook offsite or hold overnight. Temp licenses are different.

Now I just feel inferior. Thanks. Bubba

No need for the inferiority complex brother. :rolleyes:

U need to learn to circumvent the system. When inspector shows up @ 8 am for inspection & your big meats that have been previously cooked are sitting on the smoker warming up you explain how u showed up @ 2 am and have been cooking all nite.

Work smarter, not harder. :thumb:

U need to learn to circumvent the system. When inspector shows up @ 8 am for inspection & your big meats that have been previously cooked are sitting on the smoker warming up you explain how u showed up @ 2 am and have been cooking all nite.

but...but...but that would be dishonest. :rolleyes:

Interesting thread, so I guess this is one reason hot and fast Qing came about. Can any of you vendors post pics of your setup/kitchens? Thanks.

Mobile Food trailer with refrig that is HD certified as my commissary. Cook offsite ahead, cool, head to site, reheat and serve.

between you and me:wink:is this truly an acceptable practice?

assuming one KNOWS how to serve safe. :thumb:

We cook everything overnight for the next day, we will not do anything illegal with our vending operation, if want to start serving at 11:00 am, we put the meat on accordingly and add meat through the night so it is done at different times

And they aren't tough? I cooked some spares at 275 F for 3 hours and they weren't done at all. Takes me 4 1/2 hours at 250-275 F to get them nice and tender but not mushy.
I vend fri, sat and sun and sell 2-3 cases of each and people love my ribs. They are not mushy. I make good money on them as I pay $1.69 to $1.89 for spares and $2.29 for baby backs. I sell both for $17.99 a rack or $9.99 a half.. In the year we have been open we have not had any complaints yet. Lot of these people we know on a first name basis and we always ask was there a problem the last time you bought. I cook at 275° to 300° on my Lang and 250° on my backwoods, which takes about 6 hours total.

Back