• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your favorite sauce for sirloin pork chops?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My brother uses Mr. Yoshida's -- tastes pretty darn good (Japanese based with soy sauce, mirin, etc..) However, I can't find Mr. Yoshida's anywhere. He gets it at Costco and I don't have a membership, so I asked him to buy me some.

But meantime, I have 3 thawed out 1" thick sirloin pork chops in the fridge, and I need to put on some sort of sauce after I grill them tomorrow.

Any recommendations on what I could use? What's your favorite sauce? Should I just throw some sweet baby ray's on them for now?

See if they have soy vay if you like the Asian flavors- it is awesome. If not maybe bone suckin sauce.

Soy Vay is good stuff. Trader Joes has a nice teriyaki sauce, too.

We don't use any sauce on pork chops. I treat them more like a steak.

I marinate Pork Steak in Oyster Sauce a quite a bit, cannot see where it would not be good on chops..

P.S. It does not taste fishy or anything.

No sauce here too. I'm all about the cooking process, if that isn't done right, no rub or sauce is going to fix it.

I brine my chops and rarely put sauce on them.

I do sometimes put a pineapple teriyaki glaze on my chops for a change of pace.

We like Big Ron's sauce on chops...

chops3.jpg

chops5.jpg

chops9.jpg

I never use sauce on pork, however-occasionally I get sauced while grilling pig parts.

Personally I think it's ridiculous naming swine parts the traditional bovine parts.

I never use sauce on pork, however-occasionally I get sauced while grilling pig parts.

Personally I think it's ridiculous naming swine parts the traditional bovine parts.

We are the same.........yep......I get sauced on more than just pig parts? But....we are the same.:bow:

None...........Chops are toooooooo good. No sauce required..........YMMV

I've only ever had apple sauce, and I prefer juicy with a pink hue and seasonings over any sauce.

Well I fried one of these 1" thick chops to an internal temp of around 145F. It was the most juicy chop I've ever tasted--not dry whatsoever (as juicy as a good beak sirloin steak).

I seasoned it with a Santa Maria rub (equal parts of salt, pepper and garlic powder). I didn't put any sauce on it.

You're right, it does taste good with no sauce if cooked right. But I bet it would also taste good with them very lightly glazed with some sauce mmm.

Next step is to try and grill these over very high heat, to get some fat vapor smoke flavor on them. Hopefully they will come out as juicy as the one I cooked in the frying pan (which might be hard we'll see!)

Thanks for all the tips!

Back